Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,978 posts 558 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-26-2022, 02:08 PM -
So, it's Saturday noonish, and the Panthers are preparing to play the Denver Broncos at home in BofA stadium. In some ways this portends a good football game and a good outcome for the Panthers (if you think the possibility of a 'win' is a "good" outcome..). If we look at the season up till now, we see the Panthers have won three games and all three of them have been in BofA. So, that's a good omen, right.??  Right.!!  Uhh, except for one thing. All three wins have been against Division opponents. Every game against NON-division teams have been losses. And the Broncos are a NON-division team.  Oops... Sick Cry Depressed

So, let's talk about the Panthers vs. Broncos on Sunday. No one can say that Russell Wilson is NOT a great QB.  He IS. No doubt about it. He's proven it game after game, year after year. It's just that THIS YEAR is an apparent anomaly. The Broncos have underperformed and have been beset by injuries. At least four out with ACLs and multiple others out as well with broken bones, hamstrings, joint damage, etc., etc. Wilson had a shoulder injury too and that undoubtedly played a part in their problems.  Still..... I think we can all agree that Russell Wilson is a superior QB when compared to ANY on the Panthers team.  The Panthers will play Sam Darnold at QB this game. Has not played even one snap yet this year. Hoping for a decent performance, but really, it's a lot to ask. Seriously.

There will be a few interesting things going on this Sunday though. Providing lightning doesn't strike him, JJ Jansen will set a Panthers record for games played at 221 since he joined the team. He will be tied with K, John Kasay. Jansen has been with the Panthers since 2009 and has played in EVERY regular season game since then. Pretty remarkable.!!

With LB Corey Littleton OUT for this game, I expect we will see a lot more of our rookie LB, Brandon Smith. I will be happy to see him on the field a little more. I think Smith will develop into a first class LB, and may end up playing in the middle.

Carolina's Defense has proved to be strong and resilient. If the Offense can score some points, I expect our 'D" will do it's part. We will miss Matt Ioannidis on the D-Line, and Corey Littleton and Myles Hartsfield in the back. But the newly 'repaired' Juston Burris will help back there.

So, what is going to happen on Sunday.??  I don't know. My gut reaction is that Russell Wilson will do his part, and the Broncos' Defense will help him. I think we lose this game, although it should be close. I also think Darnold will play a decent game, but we will be overmatched against Wilson. It's pretty much a toss-up, but....

Broncos  21-17
This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 02:11 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 12 THOUGHTS -- BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 11-26-2022, 02:08 PM