Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,773 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-27-2022, 10:17 AM -
After a few hours spent reading and reviewing, I am still not 100% certain about the details of Matt Rhule's contracts. What I DO know is this.... Rhule has a contract that supposedly sets up a dollar-for-dollar "offset" if he should become obligated under a different contract. I haven't found the exact wording, so I can't say if there are certain overriding circumstances. Also... The Univ. Nebraska contract details have not been released yet. However, since Nebraska is a 'public' university, the details should/will be made available at some point.

The notes about this issue and what it means for the Panthers has been discussed in several places. It appears as if Rhule's contract with the Panthers is the one with the "offset" language. That would seem to indicate that the "dollar-for-dollar offset" was in place long before Rhule agreed to terms with Nebraska. This would mean that someone in the Panthers organization was thinking ahead and wisely incorporated a 'safety-valve' in the seven year, 62 Mil., contract. The actual dollar amount of the savings for the Panthers would depend on the terms in Rhule's Nebraska contract over the next four plus years which is the length of his Panthers contract. Right now, it looks as if the Panthers stand to save 35-40 Mil. of the 62 Mil.; the part unpaid, still owed on the contract over the next four years.

So.... Maybe the Panthers did something right..??
This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 10:19 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MATT RHULE-- WILL HE (??.) YES HE WILL.... HELLO, CORNHUSKERS - by Hobbit99 - 11-27-2022, 10:17 AM