Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-11-2022, 09:45 AM -
I remembered First had posted this stuff a couple of weeks back after I asked him for specifics. If you haven't read it, do it now. It's pretty good stuff. Thanks First.

The reason I bring it back here today is because the college games are moving forward toward their championship and the post-season bowl games. A lot of the guys First mentioned will be playing somewhere "post season". Because the Panthers have a BIG interest in the QBs that are coming out for the draft, I think First is right and a deeper look at the QBs is in order. There is another reason also, which I will get to in a minute....

Anyway, here are a few of the QB draft rankings and profiles from the "Big Heads" across the spectrum.  It's interesting to see how First's picks line up with the 'big boys'.

PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS:  PFF's Top Five QBs For 2023 Draft

DRAFTWIRE:  Updated 2023 QB Rankings

WALTER FOOTBALL:  2023 QB Draft Rankings and Stats

Good Job, First.....

The other reason I brought this back up here is because of the Heisman Trophy. The balloting for the Heisman is complete and the results have been released. I will post a mention in the "College" area forum with some links, but I'm posting it here because..... The four finalists for the Heisman this year are all QBs. I think it's interesting and pertinent to this discussion because of 'who' was part of the Heisman balloting and who was conspicuous by NOT being part.

So, the top four Heisman ballots were for .....

QB Stetson Bennet --- Georgia
QB CJ Stroud --- Ohio State
QB Max Duggan --- TCU
QB Caleb Williams --- USC

And, of course, the winner of the Heisman Trophy this year is QB Caleb Williams from USC.  USC went 11-1 this year in the regular season with Williams at QB. They will be playing in the Cotton Bowl on Jan. 2nd against Tulane. However, USC is NOT part of the discussion for the college National Championship. Their one regular season loss this year was to Utah. THEN.... they lost again to the Utes in the Pac-12 Championship game. In fact, they were 'blown out' by the Utes 47-24 in the Championship game.  What this says about QB Caleb Williams, I'm not certain.....  One thing is for sure. The Utes have figured him out.!!

The one thing I noticed immediately about the list of four finalists for the Heisman is ........ Bryce Young was not one of the choices.  (AND YES--- I know he won last year. He actually finished 6th this year behind these four and Hooker from Tennessee who finished 5th...).

Things that make you go ... Hmmm.  Confused Confused

FOR THOSE WHO CARE.....

Here is the final balloting for the 2022 Heisman Trophy. It will give you some idea how the players ranked nationally against each other.

This is a "thumbnail" image, so click on it and it will expand so you can read it better...

This post was last modified: 12-11-2022, 10:17 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to start talking college QB’s - by Hobbit99 - 12-11-2022, 09:45 AM