OKAY, HERE WE GO......... JIM HARBAUGH TO PANTHERS??
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-03-2023, 05:10 PM -
(01-03-2023, 03:36 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 02:44 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I know I shouldn’t but I hate hate hate, can you tell I hate the Harbaughs. I swear Tepper has done his best to ruin this team, if this happens I will be gone gone gone.

Well get in line, bud lol.  I feel pretty much the same way, but just THIS Harbaugh.

When is Tepper going to learn NOT to keep picking people from the college ranks.  There are plenty MORE QUALIFIED (???? -- REALLY..??) individuals already coaching in the NFL that should be considered (.. and they WILL be considered... I feel certain..).

So.... because I'm nothing if not a realist, let's take a quick look at JIM Harbaugh, since he is the one under discussion here.

Harbaugh had a very successful college career with Michigan. Big-10 MVP; Third in the Heisman; 1st Team QB All-Big-10; 2nd Team All-American; Big-10 All-Academic Team.

Jim Harbaugh played QB in the NFL for 15 years. Successful career. Won quite a few games with five different teams. He played for the Bears, the Colts, the Ravens, the Chargers, AND, THE PANTHERS.!! (TRUTH... Harbaugh was with Carolina in 2001 as a backup QB... although I don't think he actually played that year.(??) It was his final year in the league as a player.).   Statistically, his Comp. % was not amazing. Sort of just average, around 60%. His W-L percentage AS A PLAYER was around 50%.

Jim Harbaugh started coaching at Western Kentucky then went to the OAKLAND RAIDERS as an assistant. Then to USD (San Diego..), then to Stanford.  He left Stanford for the NFL.....

Harbaugh was the HC for SF 49ers starting in 2011. He led the 49ers for four years through 2014.

His record as a HC in the NFL is 44-19-1. Never had a losing season. Went to the NFC Championship Game three (3) times. Once to the Super Bowl. His worst season was 8-8. His regular season W-L Percentage is .690. His playoff record in the NFL is 5-3. His Postseason W-L percentage is .625.
As far as NFL Head Coaches are concerned, Jim Harbaugh is #5 ALL-TIME in W-L Percentage. The only HCs ahead of him are Guy Chamberlain (.784); John Madden (.759); Vince Lombardi (.738); and George Allen (.712). ---- Then comes Jim Harbaugh at .695.

Now.... UNDERSTAND... I am NOT advocating for Jim Harbaugh. But this ^^^ is not hype. This is the reality of the situation.

"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind."  <--- THIS is what I advocate for...
This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 02:41 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OKAY, HERE WE GO......... JIM HARBAUGH TO PANTHERS?? - by Hobbit99 - 01-03-2023, 05:10 PM