Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-14-2023, 03:44 PM -
(02-14-2023, 11:27 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: And I'm wondering about Reich;  they asked him during his interview about "liking to call all Offensive plays", so that might be why he is hiring "Assistants" rather than a Coordinator.

Hmmm..... Sort of hard to tell what Reich has in mind.  I thought (and still do think..) that he was waiting for the Super Bowl before pursuing most of his coaching staff.  I fully expect him to bring an OC aboard, whether he calls plays or not.  The Panthers have a history of using "assistants" as part of the coaching staff. It's really not unusual at all.  Last year (2022) the Panthers had 15+ "assistant" coaches of various descriptions.

Here are some of the general "assistants" as listed from last year.

Assistant Head Coach--Offense;  Assistant Head Coach--Defense;  Offensive Assistant Coach (3 of these..);  Senior Defensive Assistant Coach;  Defensive  Assistant Coach;  Special Teams Assistant Coach &  Assistant Special Teams Coach (What the difference was between these two = WHO KNOWS??);  Assistant to the Head Coach;  Coaching Assistant;  Strength and Conditioning Assistant Coach (2 of these..).  PLUS --- Multiple "assistant" position coaches...

LOTS and LOTS of assistants.....
This post was last modified: 02-14-2023, 03:46 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panthers agree to terms with Jim Caldwell - by Hobbit99 - 02-14-2023, 03:44 PM