Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,029 posts 563 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-03-2023, 08:48 AM -
INTERESTING...

First... Let me say, I am NOT a fan of Colin Cowherd.  He is a self-serving, egomaniac who only WISHES he knew as much as he thinks he does.  Everything he says or does is for one purpose only.... That is to promote his own "celebrity".

Having said that, he could be right about Levis.  I LIKE Levis too. But the problem here, in this video, is his use of logical fallacies.  He uses several of them here to attempt to sway the viewer. One of the worst examples is the "False Dichotomy" fallacy.  This QB situation is not a binary problem, nor does it have a binary outcome. Cowherd represents the issues as strictly binary, when in fact there are multiple possibilities. The results or effects he preaches are NOT outcomes from an either/or cause.!!  False Dichotomy.!!  He also uses the "Hasty Generalization" fallacy, as well as the "Causal" and "Appeal to Ignorance" fallacies.  In other words, "If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, then baffle them with your bullshit."

In any event, again, he COULD be right about Levis' future success.  But it won't be because he had smart parents, or because he went to a lesser 'quality' university.!!  SMH...SMH.      He NEEDS to learn to moderate his tone and understand that when his mouth is closed he can't insert his foot. Bag 

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

That's the view from here.... All this ^^^ is just IMHO.. Old
This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 09:16 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: COLIN COWHERD MAKES SERIOUS CASE FOR WILL LEVIS - by Hobbit99 - 03-03-2023, 08:48 AM