Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-15-2023, 04:26 PM -
(04-15-2023, 01:31 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Here's my take on it, though.  If you are going to hire sports guys to run your sports team, get the hell out of the way and let them run it.  We don't need another Jerry Jones here, and I"m not saying that's what Mr. Tepper is, I'm just saying I hope the powers that be let the hired help do their jobs.

If whomever the Panthers select fails (regardless of if it's Teppers pick or not), it's the Coaching staff who will lose their jobs, not the owner.

AGREED.... I really think the "guys" DO make the decisions though. Even last year (I remember last year) Tepper was in the draft room and was sitting/standing around watching and listening. As the draft progressed, names came off the board, Rhule spoke with Fitts and the picks were made. Tepper was talking and 'schmoozing' but was not interfering.  I think he gives them all the rope they need. It's not a short leash. But he wants and expects to see some quality on the field, some direction and progress.

That's his right.....IMHO.  Old

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS' VP OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS RESIGNS - by Hobbit99 - 04-15-2023, 04:26 PM