Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-25-2023, 11:40 PM -
(04-25-2023, 09:18 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Agreed. But… someone else would really have to want him, you know a small undersized NFL qb and there has been zero discussion concerning such. As many here know I see Young being a total bust. I hope I’m completely wrong but I just can’t get excited.

Agreed.  I am totally against Young as OUR QB. For a team that espouses analytics like the Panthers say they do, choosing Young makes no sense. He might turn out OK, but the odds are seriously against him. As I discussed  (link HERE) ... there are very, VERY few QBs in the last fifty years or so who have broken through this size bias, ....  and only three (3) as a 1st round pick.  It just makes no sense to trade up that far, give up an elite WR and draft capital, to take a flyer on a pipsqueak QB out of Alabama.

I know we all remember Tua Tagovailoa. The last QB out of 'Bama. Remember the 'hype' that settled in around him (JUST LIKE the hype around Young now). Remember the cautionary words some of us mentioned back then. To no avail, of course. The "HYPE train" held sway and Tua was drafted by the Dolphins at #5 overall. He flopped for two years, then started to play a little better last year toward the end of the season especially. He is now going into his fourth year with precious little "good" to be said. His most serious problems are size related. He took a LOT of pressure and a LOT of hits. Suffered through three concussions and seriously considered retirement last year.

AND remember this. Bryce Young is a LOT smaller than Tua. Tua is NOT big, but he's  bigger than Young.!!  This "size" bias does not portend anything good for Bryce Young.  He's just too small to be realistically expected to prevail in the NFL.  Go back and look at the link I posted right here near the top of this post. (Marked in pink "HERE"). It's right up there just a few lines up from here.  I did the research, just read it if you haven't. It SHOULD open your eyes about the prospects for small stature QBs in the NFL.
This post was last modified: 04-25-2023, 11:45 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panthers Announce They've Made Decision On No. 1 Overall Pick - by Hobbit99 - 04-25-2023, 11:40 PM