Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-26-2023, 02:38 PM -
(04-26-2023, 09:57 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 09:02 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Everything said here is absolutely true. I agree Mr. Bond.....  However, I really don't think the Panthers would intentionally disclose, release, or promote  false information about ANY player.  At least I hope they wouldn't.  But would they take advantage of the situation if it occurred or was spread from a different source.??  I suspect they probably would use the situation to their advantage if possible. And I can't really fault them for that.

Now, that I didn't say (that the Panthers released or promoted false information.  What I am saying is that they said NOTHING to make anyone think otherwise from what the talking heads are indicating.   And, if the Panthers did let everyone think they were going to draft Bryce Young, it would make his stock value go up and sweeten the pot if someone wanted to try a "last minute trade" just before the Draft.  If that happened and the Panthers didn't want Bryce Young, they could still get a sweet deal from the trade back and then still be able to get the guy they really wanted. 

Just saying  Not that they are evening considering it, but just saying, "What if?"

I completely understand... And I didn't say that you said anything like that, or were guilty of intimating anything about what the Panthers might or might not be thinking or doing.  At least I THINK that's what I think.??  I mean, that's what I was intending to think.....I think.?? Sick Sick

Now that we have agreed on what we said, and what we THINK the other has said.... I AGREE..... with your possible scenario. As I mentioned originally, I think it would be a naturally occurring event if the Panthers took advantage of the situation. Which is what you said in slightly different vernacular.  At least I think that's what you said (or meant to say???).

Sheesh.. Imagine consorting with convoluted conundrums (just a little alliteration for your reading pleasure..) like this, on a hourly or daily basis.
"Silly Season" at it's best. (Bless you, Josh).
Big Grin Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panthers Announce They've Made Decision On No. 1 Overall Pick - by Hobbit99 - 04-26-2023, 02:38 PM