Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-15-2023, 04:02 PM -
Quick note here....Since the league has moved to a seventeen game schedule, an 'unbalanced' number of games, each team plays 8 HOME vs. 9 AWAY games --- OR 9 HOME vs. 8 AWAY games depending on where they are in the yearly rotation. Since the Panthers played 9 HOME games last year, this year they will play 9 AWAY games........ Not that it matters TOO much I suppose.

So, the Panthers first four games..... The Panthers open with two Division games right out of the box against the Falcons and the Saints, which are then followed by games against the Seahawks and the Vikings. To compound the intrigue, Week 2 against the Saints is a HOME Prime-time MNF game.  So, it looks like this:

1. @ Atlanta Falcons
  2. New Orleans Saints (Prime-time MNF)
  3. @ Seattle Seahawks
  4. Minnesota Vikings

Week 1 --- At Atlanta Falcons.  This should be a win for the Panthers. Of course, everything depends on our QB situation (I don't necessarily believe that Young will automatically be the week 1 starter..). Another question is always the injuries coming out of pre-season.  Two important things we know nothing about.  Still, I think the Panthers start off with a win.

Week 2 --- (Home) New Orleans Saints.  THIS is a horse of a different color. Monday night; Home; Prime-Time.  Should favor the Panthers. Still, I'm concerned about this game. The Saints will be starting Derek Carr at QB (probably..). He will be the class of the Division, just based on prior performance. My all-too-early thoughts keep me leaning toward the Saints. However, IF the Panthers can settle in (quickly) to their new offense, it will be interesting and the Panthers just might start the season 2-0. Panthers lose.

Week 3 --- At Seattle Seahawks.  This game should be a real test. I fully expect to see the Panthers lose this one. The Seahawks play in a tough NFC West Division where they seem to have a highly regarded offense. This will definitely put the pressure on a newly formed 3-4 Panthers defense, where it will probably see one of it's toughest challenges this year. Everything will depend on Geno Smith out there on the 'left coast'. Panthers lose.

Week 4 --- (Home) Minnesota Vikings.  This game should favor the Panthers (theoretically..). At Home against a mostly 'average' team. This game should be a test for "respectability." Also... We now have Adam Thielen, and they don't. That ought to be worth a point or two. This should be a good game with the Panthers starting to settle in to a new offense and a different defensive setup. Panthers win. 

So.... After four weeks, I see the Panthers at 2-2. We could easily win the Saints game and be at 3-1.  OR, we could lose the Vikings game at be at 1-3.

***One additional thing to note:   I reserve the right to change my mind on all of this  (and I probably will...... maybe).   Huh
This post was last modified: 05-15-2023, 06:23 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LET'S TALK ABOUT THE SCHEDULE -- FIRST FOUR GAMES - by Hobbit99 - 05-15-2023, 04:02 PM