Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-17-2023, 06:40 PM -
Just a couple of quick comments here, then I'll jump off my "stump" and allow all of you to berate me and call me names.

Look.... I recognize that the Panthers have invested in a QB at #1 overall in the draft. I know that they claim that he was their "consensus" pick at QB. So, YES, I understand. But, honestly, I've just had enough of the bowing and scraping. I've had enough of everyone fawning over this guy. I've had enough of everyone talking great platitudes and making excuses when he hasn't taken a snap yet.!!

I just wish everyone would STOP with all the hype. Let him develop and then we'll see just how "good" or "great" he is. Let him play eight, ten, or more games and see how he looks. Then we'll have a bit of an idea.....maybe.  Let him play through his rookie contract and see how he performs in year 8, 9 and 10.  I surely hope he does well. We NEED a top performing QB.  But, hear this....... I am NOT prepared to give him the "keys to the city" just yet. Short, small, QBs can be found almost every year. However, GREAT short, small QBs are almost unheard of. So, to Bryce Young I'll say, "You're going to have to prove yourself, Bubba."

Bryce Young is NOT the 'second coming'. Bryce Young is NOT 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'. Bryce Young does NOT automatically get a "pass" on the performance treadmill.  Before we place him into the "hallowed halls" of football prominence or anoint him as a "great" QB, let's see how good he is, and for how long. Remember..... Cam looked pretty good too, for a few years. Didn't last though, did it..???

My opinion is.... We (all of us...) need to dial all of this 'crap' back by at least half. Give this guy a chance to make good. Let's not think he "walks on water" when he's just splashing around trying to keep from drowning.

Okay.... Down off my soapbox now.  Fire away.

Messages In This Thread
BRYCE YOUNG --- ENOUGH ALREADY..!! - by Hobbit99 - 05-17-2023, 06:40 PM