Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-24-2023, 05:51 PM -
(05-24-2023, 12:34 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Personally speaking, even Bryce Young admits that he is owed nothing.  And personally speaking, I am sincerely in awe each time he speaks.  It is so awesome to hear such an intelligent young man explain himself and the game he is playing.

Now, just look at both of our #1 Overall Pick Quarterbacks and tell me which one you would bet the farm on.....

Haha  LOL...  Big Grin Wink  You probably won't get much argument about their interview skills.  So, let me answer your question in good faith...

"Bet the farm" on .....

Highest IQ = Bryce Young
Best GRE or GMAT score = Bryce Young
Most likely to be a Philosophy professor at Yale or Harvard = Bryce Young
Most likely to finish Law school or Medical school = Bryce Young
Most likely to entertain with witty rejoinders = Bryce Young

I'll bet all of you can see the problem with projecting Young's ability to speak and think to NFL QB play... Right.??

Most likely to run a successful RPO = Cam Newton
Most likely to run over or through a defender = Cam Newton
Most likely to throw a 60 yd completed pass = Cam Newton
Most likely to see a receiver over the middle for short yardage 1st down = Cam Newton
Most likely to score on a goal line power play = Cam Newton

What I'm saying here is... Bryce Young is a VERY smart young man. No doubt. He is capable of great command of the language and is a very personable. No doubt he can handle the press and interviews with aplomb.   BUT.... we're talking about NFL football.  We have absolutely NOTHING in the way of "numbers" to evaluate. No Combine measurables, no 40 time, no strength numbers, no vertical, no split times, no mobility measurables at all.  At Alabama Pro Day = Same thing. He threw the ball, yes.  He took snaps, yes.  But once again, NO MEASUREABLES.  Nothing to evaluate at all. 

Do we have any idea how fast he is? = NO
Do we know how strong he is? = NO
Is he "quick" and/or "agile"? = Who knows.?

SO... As I've said several times already, I sincerely HOPE that Young breaks through the "Small/Short QB" syndrome. We really NEED a very competent QB. I have my fingers crossed.!! -------- Sadly, the odds are against him.

So, ..... "Bet the farm"?? --- Uhh, NO.

Messages In This Thread
BRYCE YOUNG --- ENOUGH ALREADY..!! - by Hobbit99 - 05-17-2023, 06:40 PM
RE: BRYCE YOUNG --- ENOUGH ALREADY..!! - by Hobbit99 - 05-24-2023, 05:51 PM