Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Firstchance
Posting Freak

764 posts 85 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-07-2023, 04:53 PM -
Hobbit99ROTFLMAO...  Yourock

As far as your quandary about the ribs ..... I would contend that St. Louis style ribs represent the best of all possible options.

Some folks will argue that normal "spare ribs", the ORIGINAL choice, are the best. They're bigger, longer, and easier to handle. They are also the king when char-roasted over HOT coals, piled high and gnawed down to nothingness while being held securely with both hands. A quick par-boil followed by some time over a ripping-hot fire, quenched with a smoky, habanero sauce, they leave you always wanting more.

Other folks will say that nothing beats baby-backs. Juicy meaty goodness, more "substance' with less bone. Less chewing, more swallowing. The pig-lovers best friend. Still....they're more delicate on the grill and have a tendency to flare-up, almost uncontrollably sometimes. Very little, if any, "bark" and very little "chew" as well. They will require a lot more of your already divided attention during football season.... which as we all know, said 'attention' is frequently in short supply depending on how many Corona breaks have occurred.

That leaves St. Louis style for the discerning rib aficionado. Bigger and easier to handle than baby-backs with less fat and the accompanying fiery grill displays, while providing a worthwhile mouthful  of porky goodness along with the attendant "chew" and a bit of "bark" as well. Baste 'em up with some melted creamery butter mixed with your favorite smoky habanero sauce and slow-roast to perfection after a quick start on a ripping-hot grill.  Throw on a few ears of corn, washed and 'de-silked' but soaked and re-wrapped in the shucks. Oh My Goodness --- Honey Hush. !!!!  You gon have the whole county in your yard....

Yep.... definitely St. Louis style. Preferably served with a dish of "sop" left over from the grill, rolls and rolls of paper towels, and maybe an outdoor shower as well.

Worship i see you weee able to relate to my quandary!

Messages In This Thread
PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Hobbit99 - 06-06-2023, 11:15 AM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Hobbit99 - 06-06-2023, 05:33 PM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Firstchance - 06-07-2023, 06:16 AM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Hobbit99 - 06-07-2023, 12:55 PM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Firstchance - 06-07-2023, 04:53 PM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Hobbit99 - 06-07-2023, 10:19 PM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Josh21 - 06-07-2023, 10:50 PM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Hobbit99 - 06-08-2023, 01:28 AM
RE: PANTHERS OTAs -- PHASE 3 - by Hobbit99 - 06-08-2023, 03:29 PM