Started by OceanPanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-11-2020, 07:31 PM -
Welcome back, Ocean, glad you were finally able to get in! Thanks for reaching out to me about it.

Yeah, not sure if we are voluntarily tanking, or if we will tank simply due to attrition. We have lost so freaking many core players that I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how we could actually field a competitive team.

That having been said, I do believe IF the following happens, which I am hoping for:

1. Cam Newton heals up and is able to participate no later than halfway thru Training Camp so he can knock the rust off, get used to the new players (it'll look like he is on a new team, minus CMC and a couple of other guys), and he can be the NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

2. Cam has a big chip on his shoulder to show all the naysayers they were wrong and he comes back with a vengeance.

3. We draft Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown (both of whom can make a HUGE and IMMEDIATE impact (no pun intended) on Defense

4. Kyle Allen has a great camp and shows he has overcome the fumbling problems and interceptions (which I believe were caused by him forcing the throw because he was afraid of getting the ball stripped AGAIN), and shows he is ready to move forward as a solid backup.

5. I believe we need to incorporate a solid #2 Running Back, or CMC is going to seriously get injured playing every play. Jonathan Stewart didn't even play every play. I believe Reggie Bonnafon is that guy.

6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Russell Okung at left tackle. He has shown talent in years past, but I know very little about him. We shall see. That, aside from Cam, might be our biggest and most important move on Offense. We must protect the quarterback, and I am hoping that Okung is able to do that.

7. Fixing everything else that is wrong lol
This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 07:33 PM by PantherFan007.

Messages In This Thread
Are we Tanking in 2020 ? - by OceanPanther - 03-11-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: Are we Tanking in 2020 ? - by Hobbit99 - 03-11-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Are we Tanking in 2020 ? - by PantherFan007 - 03-11-2020, 07:31 PM
RE: Are we Tanking in 2020 ? - by coffee - 03-12-2020, 04:56 AM