Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,341 posts 756 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-17-2023, 10:30 AM -
(08-17-2023, 12:32 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 09:08 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I hope for more, but we will see.  They supposedly weren’t using shifts, or motions last week.  Hinders an O!  Hope they got what they wanted n open it up at least a lil.  Motion at least, practice it!

Hmmm ... I hadn't heard that. So, none of the more advanced play calling.?? That doesn't really surprise me though.  Reich mentioned that he wasn't going to "show" much of anything in the preseason. In his most recent "presser" (today.??), Reich mentioned that he wanted to get the Offense more 'involved'. Also wanted to get the "running game" going. Pretty hard to do that without "play-action".  I hope you're right, Josh. Need to put a little "reality" into this next game.

Quite a few guys 'banged up' last week too. Just noticed that one of our latest WR acquisitions (If you guessed Damiere Byrd, you'd be right..) has been sent off to IR. Supposed to be a "long-term hamstring injury" (Possible surgery..).. Season-ending IR designation because it happened before regular season began.  He COULD receive an "injury settlement" and move on from IR. That would allow him to sign with another team this year --- but NOT with the Panthers.  ( I HOPE I understand that correctly..).

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers "Add Some" & "Lose Some".

They had said after the loss that most of it was "vanilla", with nothing elaborate put into the game plan.  My question was, did they forget to bring the game plan? lol

Messages In This Thread
RE: THOUGHTS AFTER THE FIRST PRESEASON GAME - by PantherFan007 - 08-17-2023, 10:30 AM