Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-29-2023, 02:50 PM -
So, like the first group of 11 "cuts", who on this list was a "surprise" cut.?? And who was maybe a "disappointment".??

I'll put DE Henry Anderson on the "surprise" list even though he wasn't really "cut". Sent to IR before the magic date, it effectively ended his season for the Panthers. He could still go to another team if he reaches an "injury settlement" with the Panthers. Surprised.?? Well, yeah. i know he hurt his 'foot' against the Jets, but was it that bad.??
Also... G Austin Corbett starts the year on the PUP list. I know he was doing extremely well, "better than expected". Still, he starts on the PUP, so that means he misses the first four weeks (by rule..). This is a disappointment.

So... Surprises.  Hmmm.... Not too many. I'll say that C Sam Tecklenburg was a surprise along with **maybe**  LB Brandon Smith and OLB Kobe Jones, and possibly CB Keith Taylor.  That's about it......

Disappointments.??  Oh yeah.!!  First, RB Spencer Brown. Not a "surprise" because we kept Gio..Ricci as a "proven" Power Back, but definitely a disappointment. Brown seemed to have a lot of potential. I actually would have preferred to keep Brown instead of Ricci....our TE room looks really solid. LB Brandon Smith is a "disappointment" AND a "surprise". OL Deonte Brown has always been a "disappointment". I had high hopes for him. OL Michael Jordan, regardless of his name, has always been a disappointment as well. WR Shi Smith has never settled in either. Very disappointing.

So overall, most of these cuts were expected (sort of...). Only three or four that I would call surprises (not counting Henry Anderson). And Spencer Brown and Brandon Smith were real "disappointments" to me.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: TUESDAY CUTS, CUTS, and MORE CUTS..... - by Hobbit99 - 08-29-2023, 02:50 PM