Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-30-2023, 05:16 PM -
Hmmm...I'm confused.  Which is sort of a normal state for me, I guess.  Tongue

With close to a thousand players waived on cutdown day, the Panthers pick up three no-name guys all of whom are (or were) UDFA. I thought (assumed..??) that the intent was to bring in players to improve our roster. We're supposed to be looking for gold nuggets, not lumps of coal.  Did we improve our roster?? How did we improve.??  If anyone has an answer, hold forth, give it up.  I'm seriously in search of an answer. 

Here is what I'm seeing.  We dropped WR Derek Wright and LB Chandler Wooten. Both of them are/were rookies of unknown utility and skill. So okay, dump 'em. We also lost a 3rd round QB. So, we traded a LB (Wooten) for a LB (Cherelus). Both of these guys are UDFAs. Cherelus is out of Alcorn St. Can anyone even tell me where Alcorn St. IS  (without looking it up..)?  I've heard of it, but that's all. I had to look it up (apparently it's in Mississippi..). We traded a WR (Wright) for a CB (Jamison). Both of these guys are UDFAs. Jamison is 5'8' and about 185 lbs. And of course, we traded a 3rd round QB for a UDFA OG. Now granted, the OG has a little experience with the Saints. But.... We already had four OGs on the roster...counting Austin Corbett, there were FIVE. Now we have SIX.!! Why didn't we pick up a Tackle instead of a Guard.??

I don't know, guys.  This seems more and more like a giant game of musical chairs. Pin the tail on the UDFA. Get rid of your draftees and sign a bunch of UDFAs.  Yup.  Good idea.  That makes sense.

***Sigh***  Of course, we all realize that I am a GM in disguise. What the he** do I know.??

SMDH...
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
Matt Corral Gone, and others - by BlackCatzFan - 08-30-2023, 01:39 PM
RE: Matt Corral Gone, and others - by Firstchance - 08-30-2023, 03:16 PM
RE: Matt Corral Gone, and others - by Hobbit99 - 08-30-2023, 05:16 PM
RE: Matt Corral Gone, and others - by Firstchance - 08-30-2023, 07:12 PM
RE: Matt Corral Gone, and others - by Hobbit99 - 08-31-2023, 07:15 PM