Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-05-2023, 12:04 PM -
(09-05-2023, 06:02 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Brian Burns is good.  He is not what I believe is an "Elite" player.  I know a LOT of people have named him to be, and he COULD be, but I just don't think he's the best DE in the NFL.  Don't get me wrong, he's up there, he's the best on our TEAM, but dare I make a bet he'll have an "off" season this year after a contract is signed?

Good question..... I believe that Burns will have a DECENT season. He's been "above average" to "really good" every year on his rookie contract. No real reason to believe that he will regress too far.  But wait.... If I might be so bold as to ask a question......

Is there an underlying principle here that applies to this situation.??  Without being overly dramatic, or sounding too 'preachy', or diving too deeply into a rabbit hole, I would contend that we (as fans..) are missing the point here. Let me explain.

As fans, we have the tendency to line up in an ordered rank and file posture directly and firmly behind our favored players. Our favored players play NFL football for OUR TEAM. We stand behind our players and at the same time we OPPOSE the rest of our team.!!  We (the fans..) have drawn a line in the sand. Our players are on one side, and the rest of OUR TEAM is on the other side. We support the player and oppose the team.

1) Why do we automatically assume the player is right.??
  2) Why should the player get what he wants.??
  3) Why does a player deserve support while we act like the rest of the TEAM are enemies.??

I am interested in hearing your response.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: BRIAN BURNS SITTING OUT PRACTICE AMIDST CONTRACT CONCERNS - by Hobbit99 - 09-05-2023, 12:04 PM