Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-05-2023, 07:52 PM -
(09-05-2023, 03:47 PM)Firstchance Wrote: It’s a team sport and by not participating he is effecting the team. Rules are rules was the way I grew up. Your collective bargaining agreement recognized that fifth year option, team picked it up… turn the page. Let your agent work on a new deal behind the scene and if it doesn’t work out, move the heck on. You have what 31 options. Let’s play ball, not the time for business, at least for the player, his people can handle that. But what do I know.

You, my friend, know plenty. I AGREE. Every point you made is 100% correct. There is no doubt that these players are hurting the team. If the player wants to REnegotiate his contract; demand more money; make the team bow to his demands; JUST SAY NO.  If he insists, he should be forced to play under a ONE YEAR contract and renegotiate it every year. No more 3,4, or 5 year guaranteed contracts. What he gets paid next year depends greatly on how well he plays this year.  One thing for certain..... a lot of players would bring a LOT of effort to the team (you know, IF they wanted to get paid again next year..).  No more Hundred Million dollar guaranteed payouts. No more "golden parachutes" waiting for a player so he can sit around, do almost nothing, and rake in the moolah. 

Pretty simple .... You have to PERFORM or you don't get paid.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: BRIAN BURNS SITTING OUT PRACTICE AMIDST CONTRACT CONCERNS - by Hobbit99 - 09-05-2023, 07:52 PM