GAME #1 -- FALCONS -- WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,041 posts 566 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-12-2023, 09:10 PM -
Initially, I was sort of ambivalent about the whole game.  Then I went back through it and realized that there were several things worth noting. There were several players who deserve an "honorable mention" (that's as 'good' as it gets after a loss..). I'm going to mention Brian Burns, Chuba Hubbard, and Hayden Hurst. They all played decently. Burns was a FORCE. Hubbard was the best RB (by far..). Hurst is a machine and can take the punishment.

I'm still thinking about the rest.  Turnovers killed us. Falcons scored on turnovers. Without those scores, the Panthers win (easily..).  And YES, I realize there is no way to know for certain how each turnover would have affected the game, but still.....??

Our Defense has historically been very good. Sunday was much the same. Except for Bijan Robinson. That guy looks good (so far..). Reminds me of Christian McCaffrey, only bigger.

Our O-line held up very well. No sacks allowed in the 1st half, while we had four. Young had ALL DAY to look things over. No excuses allowed there. Young is going to have to make his reads quicker, MUCH quicker. Across the league, the "good" QBs get rid of the ball in about three seconds (+ or -). Example Tom Brady's average across his entire career was less than three seconds. Many plays on Sunday took five seconds or more to get a throw off. NOT acceptable.
This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 09:12 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
GAME #1 -- FALCONS -- WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.?? - by Hobbit99 - 09-12-2023, 09:10 PM