Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-04-2023, 09:16 PM -
(10-04-2023, 05:24 PM)Firstchance Wrote: May I ask a question? ------ Huh.?? Of Course !!!  Permission is only needed if you're a rookie. Even then Mr. Bond, James Bond, will usually grant permission to speak freely as long as said 'rookie' offers up the correct obeisance. Usually a deferential bowing of the head is enough, accompanied with a proper handshake and a 'palmed' 'C' note.  But..... since you, my friend, are NOT a 'rookie', the deferential stance is definitely not needed. Besides, you have become very adept in the usage of humorous context and adroit witty rejoinders. More, please.!!  Say it, First.!! You know you want to.... 

Week in and week out, regardless of what your record is, shouldn’t the motivation, the desire, the reason we okay the game … is to win. ----- You are, of course, correct. At least In My Not So Humble Opinion (IMNSHO). The object of the game SHOULD be to win. Unfortunately, it appears that current politics allow for a certain amount of 'discretion' on the part of the coaching hierarchy when it comes to "winning". Playing to win has become secondary (or tertiary..) to the body politic..... Nepotism is alive and well.... and living in full view in the Panthers Coaching Staff.!!

If so, which QB on our roster (and for some reason we only have 2), so YOU believe gives us the best chance of winning.  ----- Ahhh, you're asking for an 'opinion'..???  Well, ....... Alrighty then..!!!

I will attempt to answer the question as posed....   Bryce Young is NOT now, nor will he ever be (probably..) a Top 10 QB in the NFL. He's played three games and lost them all. He's a "rookie" for gosh sake. There are very, VERY few rookie QBs who are deserving of being anointed as "...best chance of winning", and Bryce Young is certainly not one of them. So the obvious answer here is ---- Andy Dalton.

Let me expand on that (quickly..). Bryce Young is 'personable', mentally aware and skillful, well spoken, and humble. His approach to the game is fine. He wants to win and plays like it.  Unfortunately,  He's A Freaking ROOKIE.!!  He's a Japanese 'Bonzai' in a league of 'Sequoias'. And "Yes, James, in the NFL --- SIZE DOES MATTER.!!"

If this were a competition for a college scout, or a PR person, or maybe even a 'management' job, Bryce Young would probably get the nod. But seriously, would you put Young in charge of the weight training room??  For the same reason, using the same thinking, he is NOT "the best chance of winning."  He is NOT experienced. He is NOT physically gifted. He is NOT ready. How could anyone possibly think he was the "best chance of winning" .. ???  There are a couple of reasons that Young is playing. None of them are because he is the "best" option.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERSFANZ -- 2023 SEASON FEELINGS & EXPECTATIONS - by Hobbit99 - 10-04-2023, 09:16 PM