Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-07-2023, 05:19 PM -
(10-07-2023, 03:34 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Daultons a proven starter, of that there is no doubt.

Why he’s one of, if not the best, b/u’s in the league.  He also signed on for that role.

YES... You are correct. Dalton DID understand his expected role here.  But that does NOT speak to what bothers me.  Let me get this out in the open. I am going to tell everyone here what I think ... and why. Then I'll not speak of it again unless someone else brings it up.

Here are my thoughts. When the Panthers hired Reich as HC, everyone thought it was a great hire. And a lot of folks still do. I admit I was part of the Reich fan club. Still am, really.... Here is the problem though. Reich never says what he thinks. He says what other folks want him to say. You never know what the man is really thinking because he hides behind politically correct talk. He wants you to think that he's AWARE. He wants you to think that he's working on solutions for problems, when in reality he's just pandering to the front office, the media, and the fans.

I am tired of hearing about "the process". I am SO tired of hearing about "putting the players in a position to succeed". And finally..... I never want to hear "the greatest lie" EVER again.!!  Reich's biggest, greatest lie is ... "We're going to play the guys who give us the best chance to win."

So, you see, I DON'T CARE if Dalton "signed on as a backup".  Reich promised us that he was going to "play the guys who give us the best chance to win."  He is NOT doing that. He has no moral compass when it comes to the truth.  Bryce Young was supposed to be a "consensus pick." Frank Reich is choosing to play Young even though he knows Young is NOT "...the best chance to win."  The only reason Young is playing is because Reich has SO MUCH skin in that game he can't afford NOT to play him. The fans would 'draw and quarter' him; ROAST him alive. He has so much wrapped up in that draft pick, he HAS to play him, even if he is NOT "...the best chance to win."  You can't pay out Millions and trade multiple #1 picks and other high picks, AND trade a #1 position player and then talk and spew lies about how GREAT this guy is, ... and then NOT play him.!!  At some point you have to back up the talk with action. So yes, Young is going to play. But let there be no doubt --- Young is playing just to cover Reich's ass. It's strictly a CYA thing. It most definitely is NOT because he's "the best chance to win."  THAT ship has sailed....
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS--W-L--PREDICTIONS--4 GAMES AT A TIME - by Hobbit99 - 10-07-2023, 05:19 PM