Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

20 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-18-2023, 12:16 PM -
Well, you mentioned my thoughts.

Off the top, I think IF we were to trade someone, I would prefer to see it be Burns. His attitude this year since the beginning has bordered on being overbearing. YES, he's good. No doubt. Still, I would contend that he is NOT a top 3 OLB or Edge guy. He wants (expects) to make a killing and get paid like a top 3 though. I don't know..... I can't see it. He's so intermittent, so hot-n-cold. I would place him realistically at the bottom of the top 10 maybe (IMHO).

Luvu would be a tremendous loss. I would HATE to see him leave. There might be a couple of others, but to what effect.?? Here's what I mean...

Why trade away a good 'known quantity' for an UNKNOWN draft pick.??  YES, I would like to have a 1st rounder next year and some more to follow. HOWEVER.... I am NOT one of those guys who believes that you should trade proven veteran talent for a college 'pretty boy'. Why get rid of a solid NFL proven veteran who is 27-28-29-30-31 years old in the prime of his career, just so you can draft a completely unknown, unproven frat-house dynamo.?? Nothing about that scenario makes sense to me.  Sorry.!!  It just doesn't make sense.

So, trade players who are underperforming. Trade anyone who is a "problem child".  Trade 'discipline' problems. Trade "ego-maniacs" who think their "sh*t doesn't stink". Trade anyone who wants/demands money that is way in excess of their value. But don't trade your 'high-value' good guys just so you can draft another "unknown". Gosh knows, we have a whole team full of "unknowns" already.!!!

Well, that's the view from here.  Tongue   I'll climb down from my 'soapbox' now. The rest of you have something to say, I'm sure.
Bag
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who could, would or should we trade. - by Hobbit99 - 10-18-2023, 12:16 PM