Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

20 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-18-2023, 01:20 PM -
(10-18-2023, 12:37 PM)OceanPanther Wrote: Well.  Johnny Hekker , Eddy Pineiro, JJ Hanson should have no trade clauses. ......

I’m of the belief that we need to build the offense line first.  Pass protection, and the ability to open holes for a running back . If the QB doesn’t have time, and a running game,, we’ll suffer

You make some good points here...

I am of the opinion that we HAD a VERY decent O-Line last year. We didn't lose it over a few weeks. Terribly unfortunate circumstances brought us to where we are today. If (when) we get Corbett back and we get Christensen back, we'll have the nucleus of a fine O-Line. T-Mo has not missed a game yet and is high quality. Boze is a quality Center and a team favorite. And Ekwonu is ........ Oh, wait a minute......... shoot never mind.

Seriously, a very decent O-Line. Ekwonu is a terrific run-blocker. Not so mush as a Pass-blocker. He has "lazy feet" and I don't know if he will ever improve to the point where he will be "above-average" as a pass-blocker.  Still, we need to give him at least one more year. He's only a 2nd year "rookie" and he's playing a tough position...  He is a perfect example of why 1st round draft picks are not necessarily "all that". He's big, powerful, and he was highly ranked at the draft ---- And yet, he struggles. Not at all unusual. Rookies are just not ready for the NFL game.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who could, would or should we trade. - by Hobbit99 - 10-18-2023, 01:20 PM