Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-07-2023, 05:48 PM -
WE ARE NOW IN WEEK 10 --- SO IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT 1/4 SEASON PICKS (4 GAMES..).

Going back through the last set of picks, I am now 7-1. I had decided that the Panthers would be 0-8 at this point, but they surprised me and beat the Texans. So instead of 0-8 they are 1-7 and my record took the hit.  So let's look at the next four games in order...

PREDICTION:

Week 10:  AT - Chicago BEARS --- LOSS -- (1-8)

Week 11:  HOME - Dallas COWBOYS --- LOSS -- (1-9)

Week 12:  AT - Tennessee TITANS --- LOSS -- (1-10)

Week 13:  AT - Tampa Bay BUCS --- LOSS -- (1-11)

These are tough games to pick. Most decidedly because I have to put aside my 'anti'-performance bias against the Panthers. In any event, I'll stand on these picks and tell you why.  At first glance, ANY team ought to be able to win one out of any four games. So, there should be at least ONE winner in there.  The Bears are looking like the most probable win for the Panthers. They are 2-7 right now and their 'Bye' is in Wk. 13, so they're getting a little tired. Still, all teams play better at home, Soldier Field is an "open-air" stadium, and the weather will most likely be cold. Justin Fields will probably play. In addition, add in our TERRIBLE injury situation AND a TNF game (VERY SHORT week..). So, I think this game slips away from us.

The Cowboys game is HOME at BofA. So there's that. But everything else is against us. Between Dak Prescott, Trey Lance, and Cooper Rush, the Cowboys have the QB position WELL covered. Add to that the likes of Tony Pollard, CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks as well as Micah Parsons, Stephon Gilmore, Trevon Diggs and DeMarkus Lawrence on Defense... __ well, I fear BofA will once again be a mostly quiet venue.

The Titans are a ??  They are 3-5 with wins over the Bengals, Falcons, and Chargers... not exactly push-overs. They have announced that Will Levis is their starter going forward. He has a cannon for an arm, although was a little wild in the beginning. They've beat good teams and lost close games to others. A lot of games opponents scored in the LOW 20s or Teens. So, a pretty solid defense too. Because this game is at Tennessee, I think the Titans win this one, although it will probably be close and could go either way.

The Bucs game is at Tampa Bay. While I don't think the Bucs are anything special, they will be tough at home. Division games are notoriously difficult to pick. Anything CAN and probably WILL happen. They are 3-5 and they've beaten the Vikings, Bears, and Saints. In their first seven games, no team scored more than 25 against them. Five teams scored 20 or less. Then they lost a 'shootout' to Houston 39-37.  If this game was at BofA I might give the Panthers an even chance (maybe..). But in Tampa, I just don't see it.

So.... Conclusion:  There are three games here the Panthers could win. The Bears, the Bucs, and the Titans. All three of them are road games. Depending on how they fall, if one of these teams underestimate us we could pick up a win in here...... BUT, I don't think it's going to happen.

OKAY..... Your turn.!!
This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 05:51 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS--W-L--PREDICTIONS--4 GAMES AT A TIME - by Hobbit99 - 11-07-2023, 05:48 PM