• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

482 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
12-22-2023, 07:15 AM -
(12-22-2023, 04:28 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 12:24 AM)Josh21 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 01:28 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(12-21-2023, 01:53 AM)Josh21 Wrote: I despise Christmas for what it’s become.  If that offends, JMPO.

My church put on the sign, “It’s about His presence, not ure presents.”  I love that.  I LOVE Christmas for what it truly is.  Remember the reason for the season. 

I hope all of u have a blessed holiday n a wonderful new year!

^JMHO

Hope that wasn’t too dark.

You are correct my friend. Well said.
Nothing "dark" about that.
Wink

In the spirit of the season .....  

I've mentioned it previously, 9 Chickweed Lane is one of my favorite comic strips. It's hilarious, and so well done that I always end up laughing about almost anything. One of the strong points is relevancy. Here is one of the latest seasonal series about (you guessed it..) Christmas.  It's so funny and SO on point with respect to kids.....

9 Chickweed Lane   by Brooke McEldowney

Tongue Thumbsup

Good stuff.  Cynicism, the gift that keeps on giving.  Hehe.

Yes... I'm not much of a 'comics' guy, but I DO read some of them occasionally. This one is my favorite because the writer/illustrator is, without a doubt, a well-schooled individual who is not afraid to question the status quo. She (he.??) also writes at an adult level --- for those of us who enjoy classic humor, wish to be enlightened, and still want to feel like a grownup. I've been reading it, off and on, for twenty years or so.

And yes, cynicism is indeed a "gift". Done well, in a non-threatening manner, it can be hilarious as well. You just have to "get the point.".

Interestingly enough, the latest panel has another word entry for our "word" thread.  Never ceases to amaze...

Never heard of that one before...where do you find it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Almost Christmas, Green Bay week, random thoughts - by Ladypanther - 12-22-2023, 07:15 AM