Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-09-2024, 03:20 PM -
Okay... I'll go first...  Oops, second.!!

What does "success" for the Panthers look like next year.???

In general, it's hard to quantify "success." So, let's look at the questions.....

1) HC = My preference here would be Jim Harbaugh. I know he is not universally liked. I know he is an egoist.  But, I also know he is a proven winner. No matter where he goes, he wins. Just took Michigan to a National Championship. Knows the NFL. Former NFL QB (14-15 years). Former NFL HC. Top 5 winning percentage all-time in the NFL. The Panthers NEED a winner. Have to break out of this 'dungeon' we are in. I don't care about all of the visionary stuff. Let the reporters scream.  It's time to put a winning team on the field. --- Jim Harbaugh ---

2) GM = This one is more difficult.  I want a guy with experience. And I want someone who wants to be here. I also want a 'smart guy'.  It would be nice to have someone with a connection to the Panthers...or at least a connection to the Carolinas. All of that would "check the boxes", but might be impossible to find.  As of right now, we have several "smart guys" on the list. We also have several with significant experience in FO personnel and player management.  I'm leaning toward Champ Kelly. I also like Brandt Tilis and Alec Halaby. There are others who might be better. I would love to have Dan Morgan if he's not too close to the players.

3) W-L record = I have a "short-term" goal here. And since the question is about next year, I'll use it for my "short-term" answer.  We've been "suffering" long enough. It's past time to break out. My "success gauge" for 2024 is ----- "a winning season". Since we play a 17 game season, that means we would need at least 9 wins. That's a lot coming out of a 2-win season. Initially, next years schedule looks a little tougher than this past year. But as everyone knows, the "strength of schedule" fluctuates wildly as the off-season progresses. And continues to fluctuate as teams lose players in FA, start unknown players, and suffer injuries. I think we can do it...

OKAY... Your turn.!!
CoolDance
This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:27 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: ON THE RECORD - SUCCESS, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE IN 2024 - by Hobbit99 - 01-09-2024, 03:20 PM