Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

482 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-10-2024, 11:57 AM -
(01-10-2024, 11:54 AM)OceanPanther Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 08:40 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: 1) First I would consider it a success if the Teppers were only in the news for some great community service programs they created/contributed to.  And, if they step back and let football people run the team.
Tepper must not pick the GM or HC. 

Part 2 of the above....the front office structure is completely reorganized.

2) Do not want Harbaugh..too much drama.  SF was winning and they grew tired of it/him.  The players did not like him.  Not sure how he was able to keep coaching with the stuff he pulled at MI.  We need excitement on the field due to the players..not drama off the field due to the owner or HC.

3) Not sure who I want for HC.  Ben Johnson sounds good. He is obviously a very good OC. Sometimes that translates and sometimes it does not.  I want who the football people like...not who Tepper gets blown away by in an interview. ( Also, please...no Teppers in any interviews)

4) Again...deferring to smart people for the GM position.  My heart would love to see Dan Morgan get it and turn into a Brian Beane type.  But, as long as Tepper is not making the decision, I am good.

I know there seems to be a theme to things....lol.

Wins...would love to see a few.  Houston looked like a joke the last few years and look at them now.  Don't want to finish last in the NFC South.

If Tepper isn't picking the GM , who does ?   Yes,  I understand the desire for him not to be any part of football operations.   Kristi Coleman ? 
I can't see her picking the next GM without Tepper involvement . 

I have no idea who I''d want as GM or why .  Getting a veteran like Bill Polian  isn't going to happen again. Is there a retired GM who is still competent enough ,  that would come back if Tepper paid him enough ?  He/She is my choice.

I don't have the concerns with Harbaugh that you do.  Will all players like him or any coach, no.  But we need something solid that will turn this franchise around.  Hiring another  OC or DC with no experience , based  on what head coach he coached under is very  "iffy"  to me.  

I have no idea about wins ..   I know we need to  be able to score TD's  and we didn't do that this past season.  We have had 6 bad seasons. We are the current doormat of the NFL

His new search/consultant group

Messages In This Thread
RE: ON THE RECORD - SUCCESS, WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE IN 2024 - by Ladypanther - 01-10-2024, 11:57 AM