Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

28 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-19-2024, 04:10 PM -
(01-19-2024, 01:57 PM)OceanPanther Wrote: Simple question .  Do you want a new and upcoming, rising star without HC experience  ? 

Or would you rather have an experienced  coach who has been successful as an NFL head coach in the past. ?

This is just my opinion and that's not worth a lot lol..  but after the last 5 years,  we are at rock bottom or very close to it.  Another 3 yrs of a bad coaching experience and we'll be there. 

I tend to think Tepper might like to win more than meddle.  I also believe a former HC might be able to have a back bone when it comes to standing up to Tepper.  If he can come in and turn things around early, ( that means win some games , and win a game or two we aren't suppose to win )  then he can maybe keep Tepper in the owners box.   
A less experienced HC could do the same,  but I feel they would have less backbone and not stand up to him .

That doesn't mean I'd rather have  Dan Quinn who has been to a Super Bowl,  than say,  Ben Johnson or Todd Monken .

Even HC who have been to Super Bowls might not have the backbone to stand up and tell our owner no..  LIke say Mike McCarty in Dallas.

So it's a tough row to hoe.    I just don't 3 more years of bad teams.

Who do you think would stand up to the owner.  I think Belichick would, Harbaugh would ,  I think Mike Vrable would.  That may be why we aren't seeing them interviewed here.  ( as of today anyway )

Agree with everything you said --- pretty much.  The three you mentioned are good examples of coaches with backbone who can stand on their  own merits and their record. I would add Pete Carroll to that list and Mike Tomlin, although I realize that Tomlin is still under contract with Pittsburgh. 

The "young guns" WILL get there, eventually. It's just a process and in the beginning their learning curve tends to make them more of a "yes man". They realize they don't have the CV to fall back on.  They can't say (to anyone..), "Look, I know what I'm doing. Go away, get off my back."  Until they have a few successful years under their belt, they are going to be very hesitant to stand up to anyone.

Success (for me..) next year looks like 'significant gains'. And I DON'T mean 4-13 or 5-12.  Short term success means a "winning season". We don't have to win the Division. We don't have to go to the playoffs. Just get me a "winning season".  PLEASE. 
Praying
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS "ALL IN" ON BILL BILL BELICHICK - by Hobbit99 - 01-19-2024, 04:10 PM