Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

638 posts 127 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-30-2024, 12:15 AM -
(01-29-2024, 11:33 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 10:59 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: It is going to be a great coaching matchup on both sides of the ball.  Shanahan vs Spagnola and Andy vs Wilks.

The first half of the Niners game vs Detroit I thought Wilks would be fired. He managed to make adjustments and shut Detroit down the 2nd half.

Spags is earning a rep as a defensive whiz.  His plan to exploit Lamar's weakness worked to perfection.  No one was giving the Chiefs much of a chance before the game.

I give Andy an edge over Wilks and the other two maybe a draw.  Going to come down to special teams and turnovers.  Thanks to one of the [many] Panther previous screwups, the Chiefs have one of the best place kickers in the game. Niners kicker is a weak spot and prolly keeps Shanahan up at night.  Saying all that....1 mental mistake, 1 missed tackle, could also determine the outcome.

I think this will be a good one. 

AGREED...

This is going to be a GOOD game.  Should be close. I don't put quite as much emphasis on coaching in these big games. I have always contended that players win games on the field. Players, Offenses, Defenses, STs all playing together as a team win games. I also contend that coaches LOSE a lot more games than they win. There are a lot more ways for a coach to LOSE games than there are to win.. IMO.

In any event, the 49ers came out flat... no doubt about it. And the Lions looked like they were in control. As the game progressed, the 'Niners got more in tune and really upped their game. The second half was a complete reversal from the first half.

The Chiefs-Ravens game surprised me. I'll just say it right here.... Right now,  Lamar Jackson is the best dual-threat QB in the league. He reminds me of Cam Newton early in his career. Except, dare I say it, Jackson is better. Having said that, the Chiefs had no answer for Jackson when he decided to move "off the spot" with the ball. Still, the Chiefs did enough to hold the rest of the Ravens Offense in check. Truthfully, I was not terribly impressed with the Chiefs. They won the game, but they did not convince me.....

I think you're exactly right. This game may easily turn on ST, field position, turnovers, and time of possession.  But the 49ers better not come out "flat" like they did against the Lions...

Both of these teams are talented...they have the players.  I do believe that in close games coaching and schemes matters.  For example..listening to Sirius radio about the Chiefs/Ravens game....the Chiefs defense forced Lamar into a pocket passer-requiring throwing anticipated passes.  Not his thing. They took away the quick throws and runs.  Made the difference.  Of course, they had to have the players to execute the plan. But the way they were coached and the scheme they executed made the difference.

Barring player screwups (funbles, dropped passes, stupid penalties) I think  coaching will be the dif.

Messages In This Thread
RE: STEVE WILKS, CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY, and SAM DARNOLD GOING TO SUPER BOWL - by Ladypanther - 01-30-2024, 12:15 AM