Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-30-2024, 01:27 AM -
(01-30-2024, 12:15 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: Both of these teams are talented...they have the players.  I do believe that in close games coaching and schemes matters.  For example..listening to Sirius radio about the Chiefs/Ravens game....the Chiefs defense forced Lamar into a pocket passer-requiring throwing anticipated passes.  Not his thing. They took away the quick throws and runs.  Made the difference.  Of course, they had to have the players to execute the plan. But the way they were coached and the scheme they executed made the difference.

Barring player screwups (funbles, dropped passes, stupid penalties) I think  coaching will be th

Ahh, now I understand what you’re saying.  I was talking about strictly game time coaching. Decisions made in the moment, not so much planning and schemes. As the game progresses, 4th down decisions, situational football, time outs, clock management ….. in the moment stuff. Sort of like the Lions 4th down calls in this game. Probably bad coaching decisions..??? It sort of points toward coaching “losing”  a game rather than winning.

You’re definitely right about the planning and schemes stuff. Makes a big difference. And yes, Jackson is a LOT better when he is “freewheeling”. The Chiefs definitely took advantage by forcing him into uncomfortable situations.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: STEVE WILKS, CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY, and SAM DARNOLD GOING TO SUPER BOWL - by Hobbit99 - 01-30-2024, 01:27 AM