PANTHERS PLACE *NON-EXCLUSIVE FRANCHISE* TAG ON BRIAN BURNS
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

636 posts 126 threads Joined: Oct 2023
03-04-2024, 10:40 AM -
...........[Dan] Morgan also stated that the situation could be resolved in a number of ways—including the utilization of the franchise tag.

“We would definitely use it if we had to use it,” he said. “And we love Brian. Brian’s a Panther. Somebody that I know, that I’m close to. I played with his brother. So, definitely love Brian. But all options are on the table.”

The Panthers have until Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET to place the franchise tag on Burns. If they do, which is seemingly a certainty according to multiple reports from this morning, the team will have until July 15 to reach a new contract with the 25-year-old pass rusher.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/0...y-combine/

With the big increase in the cap my guess is that Burns' demands got even crazier.  I believe he gets tagged but I still believe a tag and trade is very possible.  Dan talking him up to keep his trade value up, IMO. Can't just let him walk.  Either we get something for him or we get him at a reasonable price for a year.  Win, win.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS STOP CONTRACT TALKS WITH BRIAN BURNS - by Ladypanther - 03-04-2024, 10:40 AM