Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-04-2024, 12:02 PM -
(03-04-2024, 10:40 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: ...........[Dan] Morgan also stated that the situation could be resolved in a number of ways—including the utilization of the franchise tag.

“We would definitely use it if we had to use it,” he said. “And we love Brian. Brian’s a Panther. Somebody that I know, that I’m close to. I played with his brother. So, definitely love Brian. But all options are on the table.”

The Panthers have until Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET to place the franchise tag on Burns. If they do, which is seemingly a certainty according to multiple reports from this morning, the team will have until July 15 to reach a new contract with the 25-year-old pass rusher.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/0...y-combine/

With the big increase in the cap my guess is that Burns' demands got even crazier.  I believe he gets tagged but I still believe a tag and trade is very possible.  Dan talking him up to keep his trade value up, IMO. Can't just let him walk.  Either we get something for him or we get him at a reasonable price for a year.  Win, win.

EXACTLY. -- PRECISELY. -- AGREED..

And a second tag next year is possible as well.... Although, as I've said several times, I believe some team will want him for a SB run this year.  If someone takes him off of the tag (non-exclusive), we get two (2) #1 picks in return.  If a trade happens (separate from the "tag" process..), we could end up with anything... picks; players; value of any sort...  I see him leaving maybe off of the "tag" = two #1 for us. If a trade happens, I see a #1 and a #2 or #3, plus maybe a later round or possibly a player...

In any event, something is going to happen. (Pretty safe bet, huh.??)  Big Grin
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS STOP CONTRACT TALKS WITH BRIAN BURNS - by Hobbit99 - 03-04-2024, 12:02 PM