???...IS STEPHON GILMORE ON HIS WAY BACK...???
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-27-2024, 07:37 PM -
(03-27-2024, 11:28 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 08:07 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: As "old" as he was, he was still better than most of what we had.  He was certainly a huge upgrade over CJ Henderson.  "IF" we can get one good year out of him, though, I would expect to see him retire at the end of that contract.

Yep, I agree...  Right now, we need another good CB during this 'transition' phase for the new HC and F.O.  I feel good about our direction, but we need to solidify our positional talent for the short term while allowing the young guys to develop.  It's going to be a delicate balancing act. Gilmore is 33 Y.O.. I think he has several years left (2-3 maybe ??) if he wants to continue playing. I would not want to draw a line in the sand and write him off on a certain date. If he wants to play, and he continues to be successful and useful, then keep him available and use him. Gilmore has a talent we need. Let's give him a chance, then decide.......

We also need a veteran presence.  I watched the Kristin Balboni/Luke Kuechly interview today, and he talked a bunch about the importance of having a veteran presence amongst the players.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ???...IS STEPHON GILMORE ON HIS WAY BACK...??? - by PantherFan007 - 03-27-2024, 07:37 PM