Dan Morgan, Sam Mills and why I love this team
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
06-04-2024, 10:04 PM -
I hope Dan is very successful here as a GM.  He was a great LB whose career was cut short.  This has to be a dream job for him. (And I hope for us)  Have a I mentioned that I met him at a tailgate many years ago?  Very nice guy.

This team legacy is Sam Mills and I hope they never forget it.  A great thing about Dan....he played for Sam Mills.  He understands,  He understands Keep Pounding...something I was afraid was lost a few years ago.

For many years I went to home games.  The Keep Pounding cheers were special.  They meant something...Dan Morgan understands that.. which I think is very important. I hope he makes sure every Panther does.

Bear me a personal story.  A few years ago...my brother in law...who was a great guy got pancreatic cancer,  Awful diagnosis.  He was determined to fight.  Being from Tenn he knew little about the Panthers.  I sent him the story of Sam Mills and ordered several Keep Pounding bracelets. Danny loved the story.  I gave him and my close family Keep Pounding bracelets  We all wore them every day.  Danny never took his off.   A year later he died...still wearing that bracelet as were the rest of us.  Just before his funeral when his casket was still open..we all gave our bracelets to Danny.....as a sign of our love for him, his courage, and never giving up. This shit is real and it means something.

The Panthers are a young team but we have a great legacy.  One which was lost in the recent few years with the morons running the team.  I believe Dan Morgan can not only restore that legacy but help us build a winner. 

He can also help us restore the legacy....it means something to be a Panther. The players need to know..they are playing for something bigger than themselves.

Messages In This Thread
Dan Morgan, Sam Mills and why I love this team - by Ladypanther - 06-04-2024, 10:04 PM