Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-14-2024, 12:15 PM -
(06-14-2024, 10:00 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: With his eagerness and enthusiasm, I'm willing to let him give it a try.  Absolutely.!! No choice in this matter anyway... 
Players are already talking about how much they like him and what a "fresh attitude" he brings into the building and on the field.  Nothing wrong with this. Fresh & New = ??? Unknown difference. But a HC has a job to do... and being a "friend" is NOT part of that job.

I'd rather have a brand new car that I'd have to learn all over again, than an old worn out car that stays broke down all the time.  If this is the only choice...OK.  But how about a car that's a couple of years old, well maintained, no major problems, drives great, and you know it's little foibles. There's a lot to be said for familiarity, with the "break-in" stuff completed.

He has surrounded himself but a good cast of characters, and a lot of times just the environment in the building and on the field means everything. Absolutely.  But as we have seen over the last few years, what is seen as a good "cast of characters" is not necessarily true. 'Perception' and 'reality' can make disparate bedfellows.

It's touch to work for a coach that you have zero faith in, or one who is to stubborn or stuck in his ways to think outside the box.  Again, correct.!!  A HC's 'relatability' is different from 'friendliness'. Getting your point across and commanding respect are core principles. Thinking "outside the box" can be a mixed bag. It's great as long as that first step 'outside the box' doesn't constitute a 'leap of faith' and a long fall... when you suddenly discover that the "box" you are now outside of is suspended fifty feet in the air without a safety net.

Give the new guy a try, I say :)  --- YUP.!!  As I said, we really have no choice in that matter anyway.  AND, I believe that Canales will be okay once he gets his feet wet and learns when and where to exercise restraint and when to "damn the torpedoes".
(06-14-2024, 10:01 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: If we win 8 or 9 games this season, what a sigh of relief it would be :)

TRUTH. I'm on record here several places talking about what I consider a "success. Considering where we are currently, a "successful season" would be a winning season.  And it may not happen this year. As long as we are advancing rather than retreating, I'll be okay with it...
This post was last modified: 06-14-2024, 12:18 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAVE CANALES CLOSES OUT MINI-CAMP - by Josh21 - 06-12-2024, 09:50 PM
RE: DAVE CANALES CLOSES OUT MINI-CAMP - by Josh21 - 06-13-2024, 10:36 PM
RE: DAVE CANALES CLOSES OUT MINI-CAMP - by Hobbit99 - 06-14-2024, 12:15 PM