Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

22 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-18-2024, 01:06 PM -
(08-17-2024, 09:05 PM)Josh21 Wrote: But we scored a td bcf!  That’s a plus!

(08-17-2024, 09:05 PM)Josh21 Wrote: But we scored a td bcf!  That’s a plus!
Much better than last week.  That’s what we need, b/u’s n all.

(08-18-2024, 10:17 AM)Firstchance Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 08:27 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Hope to see  Luton at QB for  the whole game in Buffalo.

I would agree. Plummer looked, well not so good AT ALL.

Starting off here, I'd say that Plummer is not doing very well. And YES, Luton is handling the games better. But REALLY... That is to be expected isn't it.?? So, how bad is Plummer.??  Thinking back to last year.... Hmmm, is Plummer much worse (or ANY worse.?) than Young was last year.??  I realize that is a pretty LOW bar to set, but reality is sometimes....

Now..... As far as this game is concerned. The Offense DID look better. There was a concerted effort to run the ball, even with an O-line that was brand new and untested. So, with that in mind, let me say that Boone and Dillon Johnson did good. The WRs looked better, especially Mingo. I think his sophomore year (this year..) could be sort of a "breakout" year for him. I have hope anyway.  I think Jordan Matthews makes the team at TE along with Ja'Tavion Sanders, Ian Thomas and Tommy Tremble. That would be a GOOD threesome with Ian Thomas thrown in in a support role.

I also like the fact that Mason Brooks (and Andrew Rahm) played a LOT on the O-line. Brooks just arrived here on Friday, and was playing in the game on Saturday. !!! It will be interesting to see how (IF) he progresses into a reliable backup lineman.

NOW, on Defense. ..... In general, our "D" kept this interesting. I'm not going to try to name all the players, but I'll say this; I think our Defense is going to surprise a lot of folks. We are stronger at the DBs, both Safeties and CBs, than anyone had any right to even hope for. Combine that with our ILBs and 3 man front and I think we are going to be able to slow down every running game, and STOP (stuff) some of them. Our 'Edge' guys are still a bit of a "work in progress".  I DO think Eku Leota, along with D.J. Wonnum and Amare Barno (who are both on the PUP list for now..), will definitely add some power to our "Edge" game.  Overall -- I am VERY pleased with our Defense so far. 

I definitely would like to see some, most, or all of our #1s and #2s on the field next week. Don't know if it's going to happen, but....
Old Bag
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFICIAL 2024 PRESEASON GAME 2 THREAD: PANTHERS VS JETS - by Hobbit99 - 08-18-2024, 01:06 PM