Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-25-2024, 09:26 AM -
(08-25-2024, 08:48 AM)OceanPanther Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 10:14 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Well...

Our "O" looked surprisingly solid. Young looked pretty good, at least a LOT better than last year. Chuba was solid in his few carries.Legette is a work in progress. He shouldn't be starting for awhile....maybe not this year.. Thielen looked like himself and Johnson too. I think we now have a very solid TE room. And Plummer REALLY surprised me. He grew by leaps an d bounds over the last week. 

I'm going to be disappointed if Legette doesn't see the field a lot and contribute a lot.  700 yrds, 6-9 TD .  First round picks should be starters, or at least be on the field a lot . We've not seen a lot of practice and preseason like in the past, so he might be doing great and on schedule ..
Legette isn't our biggest concern this season.  Ikem Ekwonu getting better, Mingo and Marshall need to improve.  In all honesty I think Canales is show us a different and much improved offense this season.    Stay Healthy Panthers

I think you're right. I believe that Legette WILL play quite a bit ... AND I suspect that he will be a very good WR eventually. It just may take a year or so.  I base my thoughts on comments made by Canales and others who have been present since he arrived. The general train of thought being that Legette needs some "time". He needs experience and coaching to smooth out rough edges and put some polish on the route tree and instinctual movement downfield. He has all of the physical gifts, just needs to meld it all together. Legette was a mid 2nd round talent in reality. We moved up into the bottom of the 1st to get him --- because we WANTED him and because we wanted the 5th year option. 

Your thoughts about Ekwonu and Mingo are "on point". As much as I like Icky Ekwonu, I worry about him and our QB every time he has a pass-block assignment. I've said it multiple times here... Ekwonu has "lazy feet". I am NOT certain that he will ever improve enough to be considered a #! (franchise caliber) left tackle. I just keep hoping for the best.  I think Mingo is about to bust out and go. He should have a good year.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS @ BILLS - Post Game Thoughts - by Hobbit99 - 08-25-2024, 09:26 AM