Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

5 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-04-2024, 04:15 PM -
I know exactly zero about Messiah.    What I did find interesting, and surprising, was the TE Ian Thomas "has not scored a touchdown since the 2020 season".  I mean, who doesn't get cut from a Team for less than that??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pan...a4a7&ei=77

The Carolina Panthers have signed tight end Messiah Swinson off the Green Bay Packers' practice squad, according to a report by Aaron Wilson. Swinson (6-foot-7, 249 pounds) split his college career between three years at Missouri, followed by two years at Arizona State. All together, he put up 28 catches, 317 yards and two touchdowns. After going undrafted he was signed by Green Bay.

Swinson adds depth to one of Carolina's weakest position groups going into the 2024 NFL season.

At the top of the unit there's Ian Thomas, who hasn't scored a touchdown since the 2020 season. Thomas is currently dealing with a calf injury and may be questionable to play Week 1 against the New Orleans Saints.

After Thomas it's Tommy Tremble, rookie Ja'Tavion Sanders out of Texas, veteran Jordan Matthews and then Swinson bringing up the bottom of the depth chart. ESPN has this group ranked as the worst tight end unit in the league this year, as is appropriate.

That means there's a lot of room for somebody to step up and make a name for themselves, even Swinson. Whoever can establish a rhythm with second-year quarterback Bryce Young the fastest will have a huge advantage over the rest of the group.
This post was last modified: 09-04-2024, 04:17 PM by PantherFan007.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS WORKING OVER THE TE ROOM - NEW TALENT COMING - by PantherFan007 - 09-04-2024, 04:15 PM