Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-04-2024, 07:16 PM -
I think Ian Thomas is going to be "Odd Man Out..". And I wouldn't be surprised if it happened pretty quickly. With this acquisition, the Panthers have essentially filled the "blocking" hole and made Ian Thomas the current year equivalent of "Mr. Irrelevant". Obviously, I don't KNOW anything, but I can't see the Panthers keeping five TEs on the roster. It just doesn't compute.

Of course, if this guy, Messiah Swinson, fails miserably as a blocker and contributor (maybe Special Teams..?), then maybe he disappears after the four weeks are concluded. In that case Ian Thomas could continue to 'exist' as the fourth TE. 

I agree with LP here, that Ja’Tavion Sanders (and Tommy Tremble..) will be #1 & #2 in the TE room (there's room for discussion about WHEN Sanders will assume that role, and whether he will be #1 or #2..). Right now, TT is #1. I've lobbied for Jordan Matthews continuously since he arrived on the Panthers scene. He deserves the opportunity, and he has performed well.

That leaves one spot (#4..). Ian Thomas and Messiah Swinson will fight over it. One of these guys will soon be gone. The Panthers would not have signed Swinson to a 4-week stint on the 53 Roster without having 'plans' for an almost immediate solution. The Panthers will NOT carry five TEs on the 53 for long....
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS WORKING OVER THE TE ROOM - NEW TALENT COMING - by Hobbit99 - 09-04-2024, 07:16 PM