14 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-24-2023, 11:41 PM -
(09-24-2023, 09:47 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:15 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Too sweet

Eddy missed his first 50 yarder today.  25 made streak over

Yep... He'll start another streak though. Probably run 30 in a row next time. 55 yds is gonna be his max distance though. Wish he had just a little more poop in that accurate leg.  Would love to see him hit 30 in a row with a couple mixed in around 59-60...  Wouldn't that just be the cat's meow..??
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2023, 06:25 AM -
I don't even know what to say or where to start, fellas. Pathetic. Pitiful. The O-Line was horrible. Both tackles cost us a bunch of yardage. Icky is the worst. I'm going to change his name to Todd Steussie if he doesn't get it corrected. And whose fault is it that receivers aren't getting open? Thielen was the only one who seemed to be able to make a play downfield. I just have nothing. Literally ... nothing.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2023, 03:21 PM -
(09-25-2023, 06:25 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I don't even know what to say or where to start, fellas.  Pathetic.  Pitiful.  The O-Line was horrible.  Both tackles cost us a bunch of yardage.  Icky is the worst.  I'm going to change his name to Todd Steussie if he doesn't get it corrected.  And whose fault is it that receivers aren't getting open?  Thielen was the only one who seemed to be able to make a play downfield.  I just have nothing.  Literally ... nothing.

I don't know, Mr Bond.  I'm going to offer a little "push-back" here....just for something to say.

***IMHO***  Other than one major area, the Panthers held their own up in Seattle. The O-line was not terrible. Other than the inordinate number of False Start penalties, they did ... pretty OK. ***IMHO*** The penalties you can credit to the Seahawks fans and how they inject themselves into the game. Playing in Seattle has always been a real problem. And probably always will be. ***IMHO***

Here is what I mean..... (ALL of this information is from published "Box Scores").
ESPN:  ESPN Carolina vs. Seattle
CBSSports:  CBS Carolina vs. Seattle

PASSING:

Passing Yardage:   Carolina = 361 -- Seattle = 296
Net Passing Yardage:   Carolina = 334 -- Seattle = 279 
Completions:   Carolina = 34 -- Seattle = 23 
Sacked:   Carolina = 3 -- Seattle = 2 
Interceptions Thrown:   Carolina = 0 -- Seattle = 1 
Passing TDs:   Carolina = 2 -- Seattle = 1 
Passing Rating:   Carolina = 88.4 -- Seattle = 87.3

RECEIVING:

# Receivers Targeted:   Carolina = 10 --- Seattle = 9
# Receivers W/Dbl Figures Yardage:   Carolina = 7 --- Seattle = 6
# Receivers W/Negative Yardage:   Carolina = 0 --- Seattle = 2
#1 Receiver:   Carolina = Adam Thielen, 11/145 yds 1 TD --- Seattle = DK Metcalf, 6/112 yds 0 TD
#2 Receiver:   Carolina = DJ Chark, 4/86 yds 1 TD --- Seattle = Kenneth Walker III,  3/59 yds 0 TD

RUSHING: ---  ***This is where we got HAMMERED***

Carries--Yards--Avg:   Carolina = 14 -- 44 yds -- 3.1 ypc --- Seattle = 33 -- 146 yds -- 4.4 ypc
#1 Rusher:  Carolina = Miles Sanders, 9/24 yds 2.7 ypc 1 TD --- Seattle = K Walker III, 18/97 yds 5.4 ypc 2 TD
#2 Rusher:  Carolina = Andy Dalton, 2/11 yds 5.1 ypc 0 TD --- Seattle = Z. Charbonnet, 9/46 yds 5.1 ypc 0 TD

TEAM TOTALS:

Time Of Possession:  Almost Even -- Car. = 29:32 --- Sea. = 30:28
Total Plays:  Car. = 75 --- Sea. = 71
Total Yards:  Car. = 378 --- Sea. = 425
1st Downs:  Car. = 23 --- Sea. = 27
Turnovers:  Car. = 0 --- Sea. = 1
3rd Down Conversion:  Car. = 10/19 (53%) --- Sea. = 3/13 (23%)
Red Zone:  Car. = 2/2 (100%) --- Sea. = 3/6 (50%)
Penalties:   Car. = 13 - 82 yds --- Sea. = 8 - 82 yds
Punts:   Car. = 5 --- Sea = 2

SO.... Carolina wins the Passing Game -- mostly by default because we were forced into it. The Rushing Game belongs to Seattle -- in a BIG way. Because of the Rushing Game, Seattle wins T.O.P. by a small amount. Seattle also wins the Yardage game and 1st Downs (based on their Rushing Game). Carolina wins the Turnover battle and also Total Plays (because we were forced into throwing the ball a lot). Carolina is also better on 3rd down coversions and in the Red Zone. Seattle wins the Penalty line (even though the penalty yardage was even up) because they had fewer penalties and all of the extra False Start penalties on Carolina continually forced us to be reactive instead of pro-active. Carolina was forced to punt five times while Seattle only punted twice. So while Carolina had a much better Red Zone percentage, Seattle kicked five FGs ---- which was the difference in the game.
This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 03:25 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2023, 03:43 PM -
9 rushes for 27 yards to the highest signed FA RB isn’t going to cut it. Our run game is HORRIBLE. O line gets no push, and RBs have no vision. This is coaching. Schemes are predictable and vanilla. Remember when Reich said he didn’t want to show our hand during the preseason? I suppose he is waiting till the playoffs now.

Run game is terrible. BY was throwing too much, AD Is throwing too much. We are one dimensional without the receivers for it. And HOW MANY DROPS? It was ugly.. these guys need pine tar or something…

No separation UNLESS dalton was able to move out of the pocket. In the pocket it was a drop or pressure/hurry. That’s offensive coaching.

All star coaching staff seems to have no identity.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2023, 04:31 PM -
(09-25-2023, 03:43 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: 9 rushes for 27 yards to the highest signed FA RB isn’t going to cut it.  Our run game is HORRIBLE.  O line gets no push, and RBs have no vision.  This is coaching.  Schemes are predictable and vanilla.  Remember when Reich said he didn’t want to show our hand during the preseason?  I suppose he is waiting till the playoffs now.

Run game is terrible.  BY was throwing too much, AD Is throwing too much.  We are one dimensional without the receivers for it.  And HOW MANY DROPS?  It was ugly..  these guys need pine tar or something…

No separation UNLESS dalton was able to move out of the pocket.  In the pocket it was a drop or pressure/hurry.  That’s offensive coaching.

All star coaching staff seems to have no identity.

There is a lot of truth here. However, you can't 'manufacture' a run-game when you're behind in the score and forced to play "catch-up". Our run game CAN be good, depending on who comes to play. Miles and Chuba both have the inherent skill to do the job. The run play-calls are crap. Nothing there that is "outside of the box". You can't win if the OPFOR knows what you are going to do. Play calling has to get better.

The passing game is much better with Dalton at QB. And I would contend (IMHO) that we DO have the receivers for the job. Thielen has proven himself and unless he gets injured he will continue to be prolific. DJ Chark had a good day down the field and performed well. The one guy that is way under utilized right now is Hurst. He is absolutely fearless over the middle and can catch anything. If we have those three on the field and the QB uses them wisely, we have enough. Add in Mingo and Marshall and that can be a dynamic Receiver group.

Your comment about the drops is almost sentient. I just have a feeling that we will get that fixed. But you're right. It IS a big problem. Thankfully not all of the guys have caught the disease.  Have to wait and see, but I'm hopefull.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"