Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 08:55 AM -
Here he is: Shane Steichen - Philadelphia Eagles (Currently Offensive Coordinator). He is listed as the #1 best candidate for the Carolina Panthers.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 10:03 AM -
(10-10-2022, 08:55 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Here he is:  Shane Steichen - Philadelphia Eagles (Currently Offensive Coordinator).  He is listed as the #1 best candidate for the Carolina Panthers.

Hmmm....  I don't know.... I'm not overly enthused.  Might be okay, I guess...?? 
I wonder what makes him the "#1 best candidate"...??  Huh

Started in 2011 and went for five years as a "go-fer" more-or-less. Served as a defensive "assistant" and then as a "quality control" guy.....  First real coaching job in 2016 as a QB coach, then an 'interim' OC in 2019, and finally a full-time OC in 2020.  So really, just three years as a "coach" and one year as an "interim" Coordinator, before his last two years as an OC.

I think I would MUCH rather have Steve Wilks.....
This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 10:08 AM by Hobbit99.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 10:44 AM -
This feels like the direction we were going anyway. Steve Wilkes as interim, why else would he have been brought back?
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 12:50 PM -
Now that Rhule is history there will be plenty of time for us to discuss our next head coach in the weeks and even months ahead. Until then let me please have some friendly fire…we are all Panthers fans it’s just my perception of where this teams talent level doesn’t match most if not all who happen to stop by here. 

Okay here goes. I hear a lot about our roster and how great our players are. Rhule or not Rhule our players are also 1-4, that is fact. When I research our current roster I can only find 3 players that are “better than average” in the 22 positions on offense and defense. CMC of course, Burns 19th out of 64 DE’s and Chinn 32nd out of 64 safeties. That is all above average! You Reference is pro football focus. 

Now don’t get me wrong I think we have guys with potential, but just like draft picks, potential is unknown and hopeful until it happens. 

I truly believe we are into a rebuild, I don’t like it but this is what my eyes see. And yes, I think there are several guys that would be off limits, their potential is a better reality let’s say than the norm. Burns, Brown, Luvu, Horn, Chinn, Moore, Icky (even though I have high concerns about him ever getting pass protecting skills)… those guys are, again in my opinion untouchable unless it’s just a crazy crazy stupid offer. But that leaves everyone else available at and if we get an above average offer…CMC included but primarily because I think he deserves to play for a contender and I think the best case is two or possibly three years for us. 

I just want this team to be one that is and remains competitive Year in and year out… you have to do this with proper free agent signings and being great at drafting for potential. 

Fire away.