Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

19 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 07:06 PM -
And clearly, firing Phil Snow and Ed Foley was all on Steve Wilkes. I think the only reason he hasn't fired Ben McAdoo is that nobody on the team can replace him at the moment. And McAdoo wasn't a big fan of Baker Mayfield. He was, however, slobbering all over himself to draft Matt Corral.

And on that subject, did anyone see McAdoo yesterday when Baker threw that interception? He just hung his head in shame lol
This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 07:07 PM by PantherFan007.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 07:17 PM -
As did we all.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-10-2022, 08:35 PM -
(10-10-2022, 07:04 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Just finished it.  Did say a coach usually gets to pick their own staff for what it’s worth.  Mentioned Fitterer a few times when questioned.  Also said the coach n GM need to work together, I forget how he said it, in concert.  Equal.  Something. 

Anybody else think his head was gonna explode when he heard “Rock Hill”?  Hehe!  Trying to find the fun in it all. 

I do this with life.  I’m sure all u vets will know this line, “Embrace the suck.”

Tepper said balance between GM n HC is needed.  Just to clarify.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2022, 09:04 PM -
(10-10-2022, 06:11 PM)Firstchance Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 04:58 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Hard to tell what exactly happened behind the scene.  I think the decision on Rhule was Tepper's decision only. Since Rhule had final authority over the roster and players and coaches...... There was no real reason to get Fitterer involved.  (I guess...??).

But he clearly said that the other two was on Wilks. And he never even mentioned that he had a GM (or I missed it)
Glad we have music in Charlotte though.

(10-10-2022, 07:03 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: uh yeah, I got that vibe, too.  "I'm talking about what has happened today.  Scott is still an employee of the Carolina Panthers".

Well, so was Matt Rhule, Ed Foley, and Phil Snow early this morning. 

Rolleyes

(10-10-2022, 07:04 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Just finished it.  Did say a coach usually gets to pick their own staff for what it’s worth.  Mentioned Fitterer a few times when questioned.  Also said the coach n GM need to work together, I forget how he said it, in concert.  Equal.  Something. 

Anybody else think his head was gonna explode when he heard “Rock Hill”?  Hehe!  Trying to find the fun in it all. 

I do this with life.  I’m sure all u vets will know this line, “Embrace the suck.”

Like I said somewhere else.... Steve Wilks is nobody's fool.  Phil Snow and Ed Foley were Rhule's "Homeboys".  There would have been no love lost on the field. Wilks did exactly what he needed to do to keep peace and generate some enthusiasm (hopefully..).  I think the team (and the players, obviously..) will quickly get the message...... "There's a new sheriff in town".  No more Mr. Nice Guy.... It's time to move forward.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-10-2022, 09:19 PM -
Man I Joe..

^Hope
This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 09:20 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-10-2022, 09:23 PM -
(10-10-2022, 09:19 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Man I Joe..

^Hope

Fbthumb YUP...
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-10-2022, 09:54 PM -
They’d have prolly followed next year anyway. Hate it for Snow, he seemed compitent. That’s the word I’m using going forward. More or less than. Coaches anyway. Give it 2 weeks. Here’s to a great new start!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-11-2022, 07:18 AM -
(10-10-2022, 09:54 PM)Josh21 Wrote: They’d have prolly followed next year anyway.  Hate it for Snow, he seemed compitent.  That’s the word I’m using going forward.  More or less than.  Coaches anyway.  Give it 2 weeks.  Here’s to a great new start!

Yes..... From your mouth to God's ear.  

I seriously don't believe that two more weeks will make any difference. Will probably take longer than that.  This year is a seriously tough schedule. We're five games into the season. We've won ONE. The next two games are sort of "Capstone" games. Next week against the SB Champion Rams in LA.. Then the following week against the TB Bucs here at home.  Two seriously tough games coming up....  Then three games in a row that should be a little bit of a 'breather'. Two against the Falcons and one against the Bengals. One of the Falcons' games is here at home. The other two are 'road' games.  I can't even imagine winning against the Rams or the Bucs. The other three are "Who knows..." games.   Huh
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-11-2022, 09:49 AM -
(10-11-2022, 07:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 09:54 PM)Josh21 Wrote: They’d have prolly followed next year anyway.  Hate it for Snow, he seemed compitent.  That’s the word I’m using going forward.  More or less than.  Coaches anyway.  Give it 2 weeks.  Here’s to a great new start!

I seriously don't believe that two more weeks will make any difference. Will probably take longer than that.  This year is a seriously tough schedule. We're five games into the season. We've won ONE. The next two games are sort of "Capstone" games. Next week against the SB Champion Rams in LA.. Then the following week against the TB Bucs here at home.  Two seriously tough games coming up....  Then three games in a row that should be a little bit of a 'breather'. Two against the Falcons and one against the Bengals. One of the Falcons' games is here at home. The other two are 'road' games.  I can't even imagine winning against the Rams or the Bucs. The other three are "Who knows..." games.   Huh
I can’t in good faith say I believe we win ANY of those games. Rams are coming off of 2 losses, they’re hungry to right their ship.  Falcons Run game is running over just about everyone, win or lose.  The Bucs are who they are.  There are easily 5 losses heading our way. Could we win; yes.  Will we?  Hard to say.  Don’t mean to be a downer, I just like getting surprised more than I like getting let down.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-12-2022, 01:46 PM -
(10-11-2022, 09:49 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 07:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

I can’t in good faith say I believe we win ANY of those games. Rams are coming off of 2 losses, they’re hungry to right their ship.  Falcons Run game is running over just about everyone, win or lose.  The Bucs are who they are.  There are easily 5 losses heading our way. Could we win; yes.  Will we?  Hard to say.  Don’t mean to be a downer, I just like getting surprised more than I like getting let down.

I understand. I'm with you. It's going to be a tough stretch, but slightly easier after the next two games.  Then what follows will still be tough. The last ten games will have four against Division teams, and then others like the Bengals, the Ravens, and the Steelers  and a couple of others.

Plenty of room to fail and sink into the depths of despair later in the year.  No need to worry about it now...!!!