Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-09-2022, 05:59 AM -
(11-08-2022, 11:52 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Good call first!  I’ll bet ure not wrong!

Go for ACD’s quote Hobbit.  Not all are as wise as u.

Well, It's nothing special. I'm sure you've heard it probably many times...

Looking at First's statement, I laughed immediately because of the humorous nature of it. I'm sure First was laughing when he posted it. Since it's "impossible" to have a worse QBR than zero (0.0), anything Walker accomplishes on Thursday will be "better".  Which immediately brought to mind Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as he was writing a Sherlock Holmes scene, when he said.....
Quote:"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

There are many quite brainy, and some "cringeworthy" quotes about "certainty", or "UNcertainty", whatever the case may be. That one just seemed to be appropriate to me.
This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 06:02 AM by Hobbit99.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-09-2022, 09:47 AM -
Tbh, I know we are starting PJ, but don’t be surprised if Darnold doesn’t come to play in the coming weeks…
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-09-2022, 10:08 AM -
(11-09-2022, 09:47 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Tbh, I know we are starting PJ, but don’t be surprised if Darnold doesn’t come to play in the coming weeks…

Yep... I think you're right.  Fbthumb

I just deleted a somewhat wandering thought about QBs and the future Panthers roster.....
Oh well....
Depressed
This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 10:12 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-10-2022, 12:47 PM -
As game time gets closer the chances for a "slugfest" get better.  The Charlotte weather is deteriorating as it was forecast to do.  It looks like the game will be played in monsoon conditions as long as there is no lightning around. Have to wait and see about that.  The real equalizer will be the rain in BofA while playing on the new "TURF".  This could end up being more like a bunch of kids on a 'slip-n-slide'.
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-10-2022, 04:59 PM -
Just a quick weather update. It now appears to be “light” rain showers with the heavier rain holding off until the 10:30 range… of course it can always change. Winds 10-11.

It’s a shame but there wil more than likely be more Falcons fans in attendance than Panthers… everyone I know has either sold their tickets or given them away to, you guessed Falcons fans.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-10-2022, 11:23 PM -
Keep starting PJ man

I love PJ. We are LOADED with backup qb talent. See it all through. Walkers earned a shot in the league, while the other two rode in on white horses, n didn’t work out. Don’t mind riding PJ. Other two have miscues in games as well. I’m sure we will see both before the end of the season.
This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 11:29 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-11-2022, 12:08 AM -
I'm happy for PJ as well. I'm on the record as far as PJ is concerned. I thought back then he was really just a backup QB in the NFL. I still think that, for the most part. However, giving credit where it's due, PJ has shown to be a TOUGH guy. He's not particularly accurate with the ball. He's not particularly sharp with his reads. He is more of a 'game manager'. But, he CAN move with the ball and makes plays often enough to keep the Panthers competitive. Right now that's about all you could ask for.  There's some more tough games coming up. He will be tested, that much is certain (if he continues to play..). I say as long as we're sort of competitive, Let him play.

The next game against the Ravens will be a tough one in Baltimore. Then we have Denver at home before our Bye week (Week 13). The Ravens game should go in the "Loss" column for sure. Denver will probably be a loss as well.... although who can say for certain.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-11-2022, 12:27 AM -
NFL network is showing the game now.

For those w/o prime with nfl network.
This post was last modified: 11-11-2022, 01:18 AM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-11-2022, 08:49 AM -
PJ made a great comeback last night. 

I'm proud of how the team did, albeit with some help from an equally bad Falcons Offense. 

D'onte Foreman is a diamond in the rough.  He somehow reminds me of Deangelo Williams the way he starts slow and then shifts into high gear.

And Blackshear, that kid is solid, too.  Can't believe he went undrafted but I'm glad we have him.

Defense really stepped up last night and (almost) erased the bad memories from last week.

When the game ended, I couldn't help thinking that this should have been TWO wins against Atlanta rather than one.
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-11-2022, 11:25 AM -
If I were in charge and I know I’m not, I will be getting Freeman signed to a two or three year deal and extend Luvu. As far a PJ, I’m still not a buyer. He has done decent at times with what I consider perfect game plans from McAdoo and not so perfect at other times…and quite frankly just about anyone in division football “could” be able to carry out those game plans in the same way PJ has, both good and bad. Those game plans take the air out of the ball and creates play action opportunities. Now if we can’t be aggressive and successfully run the football then we and PJ will be in big trouble. So with that said I will also give a big shout off to the oline. I expect our opponents to make adjustments and try to shut down our run game and if that happens I feel PJ will have major issues.

With all that said, agree or disagree, it just my opinion.

Regarding who plays, I think it will be PJ. Baker is done! We will accept losing a 5th round pick verses a 4th rounder if he gets enough snaps. Darnold might get some time, with the hope someone signs him and we can get a compensatory pick…otherwise we move on from them both.