Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

27 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-27-2019, 08:33 PM -
Hobbit99 Wrote:
Firstchance Wrote:I think Mike Glass was trying to fight his way onto the Panthers prospect list.
Oh YEAH..!!

THAT'S exactly what we need.... A QB who wants to rumble with the big boys.  I can see it now ****  Glass takes a shot at ?????. Along comes Soliai or Paul Davis, picks him up by the heels, shakes him like a terrier shakes a rat, then tosses him aside.**** Break to 10 min later**** We see Glass crawling around whimpering, looking for the Wizard, saying "Oh, if I only had some courage..!!" Sick
Big Grin

Ha!
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-28-2019, 05:39 PM -
Looking forward to objectively viewing Grier tomorrow. Personally I didn’t like his performance last week. Take out the dinks and dunks and he only completed 52% of his passes and then only 8 yards per completion, not per attempt. Hopefully tomorrow brings better results. I just don’t think he is even close to Allen and a wasted of a third round pick... who by now at whatever position be a starting third round pick. I think Allen’s potential is so much more than Grier... I think they are separated by like one year in age. With Allen being the younger of the two.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-28-2019, 07:43 PM -
(12-28-2019, 05:39 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Looking forward to objectively viewing Grier tomorrow. Personally I didn’t like his performance last week. Take out the dinks and dunks and he only completed 52% of his passes and then only 8 yards per completion, not per attempt. Hopefully tomorrow brings better results. I just don’t think he is even close to Allen and a wasted of a third round pick... who by now at whatever position be a starting third round pick.  I think Allen’s potential is so much more than Grier... I think they are separated by like one year in age. With Allen being the younger of the two.
Well, don't know about their age, you might be right.
But I DO know they are separated by a year's worth of experience.

So, to your idea, lets watch the game and evaluate.  Look not only at results, but at the surrounding players and play calls. Watch the ball come out of Grier's hand. Watch the ball in flight down the field. (He throws a beautiful ball..). Watch his footwork and form. When he moves with the ball watch his eyes and his ability to move against the defense. (He's always looking/watching...). 

This game might not be a good one to evaluate, because  WE have nothing to gain, nothing to play for....While N.O. has a lot hanging in the balance.

Just don't get too wrapped up in results. Nothing to gain here (except for CMc....). Nothing AT ALL like the last game against N.O. last year.... when the Saints left all their #1s on the bench.!!

I think Grier has a lot of upside. A lot of potential. Needs playing time, offensive support, and a team that hasn't given up......

That's the view from here.!!
Cool
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-29-2019, 12:21 AM -
If Clemson cast offs perform half as well as they did this weekend I'm all for em!

Looking forward to objectively viewing Grier tomorrow. Personally I didn’t like his performance last week. Take out the dinks and dunks and he only completed 52% of his passes and then only 8 yards per completion, not per attempt. Hopefully tomorrow brings better results. I just don’t think he is even close to Allen and a wasted of a third round pick... who by now at whatever position be a starting third round pick. I think Allen’s potential is so much more than Grier... I think they are separated by like one year in age. With Allen being the younger of the two.

Think the 15 passes to CMC were the smartest things he did. Do it again. Allens got potential. So does Greir. CMC is great! Get him 70 rec yards!
This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 12:32 AM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-29-2019, 08:08 AM -
Grier wasn't nearly as close to being NFL ready as Kyle Allen was, but I agree that Grier has more upside. Only time will tell if he will ever make it in the NFL, but I'm interested in seeing how he progresses.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-29-2019, 08:08 AM -
(12-29-2019, 12:21 AM)Josh21 Wrote: If Clemson cast offs perform half as well as they did this weekend I'm all for em!

Think the 15 passes to CMC were the smartest things he did.  Do it again.  Allens got potential.  So does Greir.  CMC is great!  Get him 70 rec yards!

ABSOLUTELY.!!!
;)

(12-29-2019, 08:08 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Grier wasn't nearly as close to being NFL ready as Kyle Allen was, but I agree that Grier has more upside. Only time will tell if he will ever make it in the NFL, but I'm interested in seeing how he progresses.

TRUTH.!!
This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 08:10 AM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

12-29-2019, 12:53 PM -
Well the Saints are missing 3 of the 4 starting DB’s ( unlike last year’s finale ) so maybe it could be considered a fair fight.
Firstchance

12-29-2019, 02:11 PM -
I will take back everything I said about Grier. He is actually worse than stated.