Started by Josh21

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

66 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-18-2022, 08:14 AM -
There are "OTHER" O-Linemen out there who could help us a lot. Sure, Neal, Cross, or Ekwonu would probably be fine. But let's remember that NO player is a guarantee..... Of those three, I like Ekwonu. I place him above Cross for sure. Neal is probably the first Tackle off of the board, but Ekwonu should be equally as good and valuable.

Looking a little later.... Trevor Penning is a terrific possibility. Not as finished as Neal or Ekwonu, but will end up just as good (probably..). If we wanted to slide further back, Daniel Faalele is a MOUNTAIN of a man that needs some playing time. Frequently talked about as the biggest guy in the draft, he's 6'8" and weighs close to 390. He played for Minnesota and really blossomed in 2021. I really LIKE his potential. I would put him in the 4th round, but because of comp picks and situational needs around the league, he may come off the board a lot earlier than that (OR later..???).
This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 01:14 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-18-2022, 10:55 PM -
Lots to add today. Bozeman and Hekker added. Matt ionnidas. Think that’s it. Busy day.

I fully believe fitterer will trade back the second his pick at 6 is not there. I’d say ol/edge. If he sees more value later, he’ll trade. We will see how it falls.
This post was last modified: 03-18-2022, 11:26 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-19-2022, 01:36 AM -
Hobbit99
SO, Here are the Panthers Free Agents for 2022. Interestingly enough, there are twenty-two FAs in 2022.

I will try to keep this current as we go forward. As the news breaks, I'll update this list with who is staying, and who isn't. It'll be interesting to see which and how many of these guys stay around.

UPDATED TO INCLUDE STATUS OF:  Ameer Abdullah, Brandon Zylstra, & Donte Jackson

Ameer Abdullah--GONE--GONE---Signed With Raiders
Juston Burris--
Jermaine Carter Jr.--
Sean Chandler--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Retain Chandler (Official Announcement)
Lachlan Edwards--
Alex Erickson--
Stephon Gilmore--
Zane Gonzalez--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Extend Zane Gonzalez (Official Announcement)
Marquis Haynes Sr.--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Retain Marquis Haynes Sr. (Official Announcement)
Donte Jackson--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Donte Jackson (Official Announcement)
J.J. Jansen--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Agree to Terms With Jansen (Official Announcement)
DaQuan Jones--GONE--GONE---Signed with Buffalo Bills
Frankie Luvu--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Retain Luvu (Official Announcement)
Raashan Melvin--
John Miller--
Cam Newton--
Matt Paradis--
Haason Reddick--GONE--GONE---Signed with Philadelphia Eagles
Trent Scott--
Julian Stanford--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Extend Stanford (Official Announcement)
Ian Thomas--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Re-sign Thomas (Official Announcement)
Brandon Zylstra--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Retain Zylstra (Official Announcement)

UPDATED SATURDAY, 3-19-2022
This post was last modified: 03-19-2022, 02:34 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-21-2022, 01:11 PM -
So..... Back to Free Agents.

For those who haven't seen it yet, take a few minutes and look over this one link below. It's a concise look at the Panthers in FA this year. Although it does NOT include all of our own signings, it does show the new additions (and one of our guys..). You'll have to go deeper to figure out the minutiae, but it covers the BIG picture.!!  I like it.!!

Check out the Panthers additions: THE PANTHERS 2022 FREE AGENCY ADDITIONS
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-23-2022, 02:47 PM -
***Panthers Free Agent***

Latest FA news for the Panthers has 33 y.o. CB, Rashaan Melvin, re-signing a one year contract with the Panthers. Out of the original twenty-two Panthers players entering Free Agency this year, the Panthers have re-signed or extended ten of them. Three Panthers FAs have left to join other teams. Of the three, two of them, Haason Reddick and DaQuan Jones, were MAJOR contributors to the Panthers defense. The Panthers have bolstered the middle some by signing some talent from other rosters, but it remains to be seen if they bring on an additional Edge guy to replace Reddick.

Nine names remain on the FA list. It's fair to assume that MOST of them will be lost either to other teams or to normal attrition as the off-season continues.
This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 02:51 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-25-2022, 01:04 AM -
Hobbit99
SO, Here are the Panthers Free Agents for 2022. Interestingly enough, there are twenty-two FAs in 2022.

I will try to keep this current as we go forward. As the news breaks, I'll update this list with who is staying, and who isn't. It'll be interesting to see which and how many of these guys stay around.

UPDATED TO INCLUDE STATUS OF:  Rashaan Melvin & Justin Burris

Ameer Abdullah--GONE--GONE---Signed With Las Vegas Raiders
Justin Burris--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Justin Burris (Official Announcement)
Jermaine Carter Jr.--
Sean Chandler--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Retain Chandler (Official Announcement)
Lachlan Edwards--
Alex Erickson--
Stephon Gilmore--
Zane Gonzalez--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Extend Zane Gonzalez (Official Announcement)
Marquis Haynes Sr.--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Retain Marquis Haynes Sr. (Official Announcement)
Donte Jackson--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Donte Jackson (Official Announcement)
J.J. Jansen--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Agree to Terms With Jansen (Official Announcement)
Frankie Luvu--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Retain Luvu (Official Announcement)
Raashan Melvin--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Rashaan Melvin (Official Announcement)
John Miller--
Cam Newton--
Matt Paradis--
Trent Scott--
Julian Stanford--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Extend Stanford (Official Announcement)
Ian Thomas--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Re-sign Thomas (Official Announcement)
Brandon Zylstra--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE:  Panthers Retain Zylstra (Official Announcement)

UPDATED FRIDAY, 3-25-2022
This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 04:03 PM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-27-2022, 09:35 AM -
With the latest signings by the Panthers, the 2022 Panther Free Agents have been further reduced in number. The Panthers started the Free agency period with twenty-two FAs, which is a lot by any team's standard. Embedded within that group were a significant number of starters and first line players. This included a stud pass rusher and a defensive tackle; two highly acclaimed defensive backs; a tight end and a linebacker; and almost the entire ST kicking unit including long snapper, punter, and kicker. Of these notable players, the Panthers have lost the pass rusher and the defensive tackle.

As of today, the Panthers have re-signed eleven of the twenty-two FAs. This includes one of the defensive backs, the tight end, the linebacker, the long snapper, and the kicker. These guys, along with quite a few other names well-known to Panthers fans make up a significant bunch of FA signings.

There will be some more losses and maybe another signing or two. We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out. As it stands right now, there are eight players remaining on the FA list.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-29-2022, 04:01 PM -
Latest information out says that Jermaine Carter Jr. has completed his "transfer" and has now signed with the Chiefs. Of the remaining FAs there are still several who will sign----somewhere.
Expect Stephon Gilmore, Matt Paradis, Cam Newton, and probably Punter Lachlan Edwards to sign on somewhere. Truthfully, ALL of the FAs MIGHT sign at some point this year. Every year there are a few players who don't sign immediately, but are eventually signed  at some point by a team with a specific need.

I will follow these guys for awhile yet. At some point I will just stop with these updates because ... well, there will be little or no interest at that point.

As  Q U I E T  as this place is this time of year, there is probably no reason to keep this current even now.  But, I will anyway ... until the draft.!!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-04-2022, 11:18 AM -
***INCOMING***

With this latest signing, the Panthers have really 'filled out' the CB room. Latest news indicates Chris Westry of the Ravens has signed with the Panthers. Westry is best described as a "press corner". He's really 'long' and has excellent speed. Questions abound, however...
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-15-2022, 04:14 PM -

UPDATED TO INCLUDE STATUS OF:  Stephon Gilmore and Jermaine Carter Jr.

Ameer Abdullah--GONE--GONE---Signed With Las Vegas  Raiders
Justin Burris--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Justin Burris (Official Announcement)
Jermaine Carter Jr.--GONE--GONE---Signed with Kansas City Chiefs
Lachlan Edwards--
Alex Erickson--
Stephon Gilmore--GONE--GONE---Signed with Indianapolis Colts
Raashan Melvin--RETAINED/NEW CONTRACT SEE HERE: Panthers Re-sign Rashaan Melvin (Official Announcement)
John Miller--
Cam Newton--
Matt Paradis--
Trent Scott--

UPDATED FRIDAY, 4-15-22