OKAY, HERE WE GO......... JIM HARBAUGH TO PANTHERS??
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-03-2023, 02:36 PM -
So when I first heard this earlier today, I considered it to be of the "Rumor Mill" variety,   But as the day has gone on, more has come out including news that (1) David Tepper actually spoke with Harbaugh about the Head Coaching job, but that (2) Harbaugh indicated he preferred the Panthers gig over Denver "if offered".

But now, Jim Harbaugh has gone on record to say he will "Leave college football if offered an NFL Head Coaching job".

Word is that David Tepper is enamored with him.

Huh

New NFL team pursuing Jim Harbaugh (msn.com)

Ever since the Denver Broncos fired head coach Nathaniel Hackett, it’s been rumored that the team was interested in hiring Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh to replace him. But as those rumors heat up and with the Broncos reportedly set to offer Harbaugh a massive contract, it looks like the Carolina Panthers could be joining the pursuit of Harbaugh, as well.

As Will Kunkel of Fox Charlotte, Carolina Panthers team owner Dave Tepper “had a conversation” with Jim Harbaugh about the team’s head coaching vacancy.

“Panthers owner Dave Tepper and Jim Harbaugh have had a conversation about Carolina’s head coaching vacancy, sources tell @CSLonQCN. The talk was not a job interview, only a conversation. The Panthers will not formally begin their coaching search until after the season,” Kunkel said.

Report: Panthers Owner Spoke With Harbaugh About Coaching Job (msn.com)

Panthers owner David Tepper has spoken with Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh about the team’s head coaching position, according to The Athletic’s Joe Person. The news was first reported by Will Kunkel of Charlotte Sports Live, who also reported that it was not an interview and the team's coaching search won’t formally start until after the season.

Carolina fired coach Matt Rhule in October after starting the season 1–4. He was with the team for almost three seasons and posted an 11–27 record while with the team.

This is a developing story. Come back for more updates.

Report: It is a “done deal” that Jim Harbaugh will leave Michigan for an NFL job if he is offered one (msn.com)
This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 03:37 PM by PantherFan007.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-03-2023, 02:44 PM -
I know I shouldn’t but I hate hate hate, can you tell I hate the Harbaughs. I swear Tepper has done his best to ruin this team, if this happens I will be gone gone gone.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-03-2023, 03:32 PM -
(01-03-2023, 02:44 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I know I shouldn’t but I hate hate hate, can you tell I hate the Harbaughs. I swear Tepper has done his best to ruin this team, if this happens I will be gone gone gone.

Okay, quickly now.... I know you said "...Harbaugh(s)", with an "s".  I can think of three... Jack, John, and Jim, with Jack being the elder statesman.

PLEASE..... tell us WHY you "hate the Harbaughs".  One of them? -- Two of them?? -- or all THREE of them.???  You MUST have a very good reason to spew "hate" and foment rebellion amongst the troops.!! Biggrin

Seriously.... Inquiring minds want to know... Huh
This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 03:33 PM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-03-2023, 03:36 PM -
(01-03-2023, 02:44 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I know I shouldn’t but I hate hate hate, can you tell I hate the Harbaughs. I swear Tepper has done his best to ruin this team, if this happens I will be gone gone gone.

Well get in line, bud lol.  I feel pretty much the same way, but just THIS Harbaugh.

When is Tepper going to learn NOT to keep picking people from the college ranks.  There are plenty MORE QUALIFIED individuals already coaching in the NFL that should be considered.
This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 03:37 PM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-03-2023, 05:10 PM -
(01-03-2023, 03:36 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:

Well get in line, bud lol.  I feel pretty much the same way, but just THIS Harbaugh.

When is Tepper going to learn NOT to keep picking people from the college ranks.  There are plenty MORE QUALIFIED (???? -- REALLY..??) individuals already coaching in the NFL that should be considered (.. and they WILL be considered... I feel certain..).

So.... because I'm nothing if not a realist, let's take a quick look at JIM Harbaugh, since he is the one under discussion here.

Harbaugh had a very successful college career with Michigan. Big-10 MVP; Third in the Heisman; 1st Team QB All-Big-10; 2nd Team All-American; Big-10 All-Academic Team.

Jim Harbaugh played QB in the NFL for 15 years. Successful career. Won quite a few games with five different teams. He played for the Bears, the Colts, the Ravens, the Chargers, AND, THE PANTHERS.!! (TRUTH... Harbaugh was with Carolina in 2001 as a backup QB... although I don't think he actually played that year.(??) It was his final year in the league as a player.).   Statistically, his Comp. % was not amazing. Sort of just average, around 60%. His W-L percentage AS A PLAYER was around 50%.

Jim Harbaugh started coaching at Western Kentucky then went to the OAKLAND RAIDERS as an assistant. Then to USD (San Diego..), then to Stanford.  He left Stanford for the NFL.....

Harbaugh was the HC for SF 49ers starting in 2011. He led the 49ers for four years through 2014.

His record as a HC in the NFL is 44-19-1. Never had a losing season. Went to the NFC Championship Game three (3) times. Once to the Super Bowl. His worst season was 8-8. His regular season W-L Percentage is .690. His playoff record in the NFL is 5-3. His Postseason W-L percentage is .625.
As far as NFL Head Coaches are concerned, Jim Harbaugh is #5 ALL-TIME in W-L Percentage. The only HCs ahead of him are Guy Chamberlain (.784); John Madden (.759); Vince Lombardi (.738); and George Allen (.712). ---- Then comes Jim Harbaugh at .695.

Now.... UNDERSTAND... I am NOT advocating for Jim Harbaugh. But this ^^^ is not hype. This is the reality of the situation.

"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind."  <--- THIS is what I advocate for...
This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 02:41 AM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-03-2023, 07:43 PM -
I agree he has the pedigree for a Head NFL Football coach, it's his snotty attitude that turns my stomach. Who knows, maybe it's like with Cam Newton, nobody liked him except for us because he was on our team and not theirs. Good thing I don't have to make these kinds of decisions.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-03-2023, 08:13 PM -
(01-03-2023, 07:43 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I agree he has the pedigree for a Head NFL Football coach, it's his snotty attitude that turns my stomach.  Who knows, maybe it's like with Cam Newton, nobody liked him except for us because he was on our team and not theirs.  Good thing I don't have to make these kinds of decisions.

Good and reasonable response.
I have no understanding of anything about him. Seems like the few times I have watched him on camera, he has been somewhat "snippy". Might be said that he was a bit of an egoist. Sort of like he thinks he is ALL THAT and must therefore be right.  And, you know, maybe he is.... ???? He reminds me of a current HC (actually a couple of them..) named Bill Belichick. No one likes Belichick or his attitude.  Yet...... ???

But, you're right. His attitude is......what it is. I don't know if I would call it "snotty", or just egocentric. But yes, he carries an attitude, and it shows.
I don't know if that is a bad thing or not.  Might be a good thing.!!..???
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-04-2023, 07:02 AM -
(01-03-2023, 08:13 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 07:43 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I agree he has the pedigree for a Head NFL Football coach, it's his snotty attitude that turns my stomach.  Who knows, maybe it's like with Cam Newton, nobody liked him except for us because he was on our team and not theirs.  Good thing I don't have to make these kinds of decisions.

Good and reasonable response.
I have no understanding of anything about him. Seems like the few times I have watched him on camera, he has been somewhat "snippy". Might be said that he was a bit of an egoist. Sort of like he thinks he is ALL THAT and must therefore be right.  And, you know, maybe he is.... ???? He reminds me of a current HC (actually a couple of them..) named Bill Belichick. No one likes Belichick or his attitude.  Yet...... ???

But, you're right. His attitude is......what it is. I don't know if I would call it "snotty", or just egocentric. But yes, he carries an attitude, and it shows.
I don't know if that is a bad thing or not.  Might be a good thing.!!..???

I always think of him as the "I want cake NOW!" guy from A Bad Lip Reading of the NFL lol

Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-04-2023, 08:43 AM -

Brash, egotistical, overbearing, abrasive, rude and self serving demeanor and attitude. Better and smarter and dominating themselves in a viewable position to be “better than others”…let’s just say that I don’t like those types of individuals as coaches or anywhere for that matter. With me it’s okay to not be happy with something, even take a stand, then move on, it’s okay to debate, healthy in fact but when one is in front of a camera before during and after games I personally don’t enjoy, even “hate” their attitude and would kindly just move on. Just for the record, Jim and John, can’t say to much of Jack as he was stuck away as some remote college team before every game in America was being televised in some way or another. My opinion.
PantherFan007
Administrator

01-04-2023, 10:21 AM -
(01-04-2023, 08:43 AM)Firstchance Wrote:

Brash, egotistical, overbearing, abrasive, rude and self serving demeanor and attitude. Better and smarter and dominating themselves in a viewable position to be “better than others”…let’s just say that I don’t like those types of individuals as coaches or anywhere for that matter. With me it’s okay to not be happy with something, even take a stand, then move on, it’s okay to debate, healthy in fact but when one is in front of a camera before during and after games I personally don’t enjoy, even “hate” their attitude and would kindly just move on. Just for the record, Jim and John, can’t say to much of Jack as he was stuck away as some remote college team before every game in America was being televised in some way or another. My opinion.

"I want cake NOW!" Fblaugh
This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 10:21 AM by PantherFan007.