Theilen knows he has o prove himself again
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

636 posts 126 threads Joined: Oct 2023
07-12-2024, 08:59 PM -
Fluff piece from the Panthers but good insight into Theilen.

https://www.panthers.com/news/adam-thiel...self-again

"I think I talk to the young guys about this all the time, is no matter who you are, no matter how old you are, no matter how many years you've been in the league, you have something to prove," Thielen said. "And you have to have that mindset every single day, whether it's OTAs when no one's watching other than the coaches, or on Sundays when 60,000 people are watching, you have to have that same mindset that you're going to prove that you can play at a high level.

"Well, we're in the NFL. So there's never normal," he said with a laugh. "But yeah, I mean, I've had what, nine offensive coordinators in 11 years? So you just adjust. There's always change; that's the NFL, there's going to be change, there's going to be different things, there's going to be different communication, there's going to be different verbiage.

"And again, you just, every year, try to own it and try to figure it out and try to make it the best as possible. I think the biggest thing is organization, communication, and everybody being on the same page, right?"

"I think you realize that over the years, as you get more experience, you realize that you just have to do your job," Thielen said. "You can't let the outside factors, you can't let the inside factors — offensive strategy, whatever — you can't let that affect you. You have to just go and do your job, whatever they tell you to do, whatever route they run or tell you to run for how many yards, you to run it. You know what the quarterback says, you just go do it, and you do it to the best of your ability, and you figure it out as you go.

Sounds like a good vet to have on the team.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,043 posts 566 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-13-2024, 11:26 AM -
(07-12-2024, 08:59 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Fluff piece from the Panthers but good insight into Theilen.

https://www.panthers.com/news/adam-thiel...self-again

"I think I talk to the young guys about this all the time, is no matter who you are, no matter how old you are, no matter how many years you've been in the league, you have something to prove," Thielen said. "And you have to have that mindset every single day, whether it's OTAs when no one's watching other than the coaches, or on Sundays when 60,000 people are watching, you have to have that same mindset that you're going to prove that you can play at a high level.

"Well, we're in the NFL. So there's never normal," he said with a laugh. "But yeah, I mean, I've had what, nine offensive coordinators in 11 years? So you just adjust. There's always change; that's the NFL, there's going to be change, there's going to be different things, there's going to be different communication, there's going to be different verbiage.

"And again, you just, every year, try to own it and try to figure it out and try to make it the best as possible. I think the biggest thing is organization, communication, and everybody being on the same page, right?"

"I think you realize that over the years, as you get more experience, you realize that you just have to do your job," Thielen said. "You can't let the outside factors, you can't let the inside factors — offensive strategy, whatever — you can't let that affect you. You have to just go and do your job, whatever they tell you to do, whatever route they run or tell you to run for how many yards, you to run it. You know what the quarterback says, you just go do it, and you do it to the best of your ability, and you figure it out as you go.

Sounds like a good vet to have on the team.

YES---Agreed .. !!!

Here is the video that accompanied that piece. It's from a little while back (a couple of months..), but it shows WHY Adam Thieloen is such a boon to our team. It's all about attitude and determination...

"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,341 posts 756 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-15-2024, 08:33 AM -
Thanks, but I've been wondering why they keep regurgitating the same articles in different form. Do they have no staff writers or have they just gotten lazy? I keep seeing stuff posted "recently" on Panthers.com that was posted on there like a month or so ago. Curious. If they need a staff writer (or photographer) and the price is right, CALL ME! :)
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-15-2024, 08:15 PM -
(07-15-2024, 08:33 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Thanks, but I've been wondering why they keep regurgitating the same articles in different form.  Do they have no staff writers or have they just gotten lazy?  I keep seeing stuff posted "recently" on Panthers.com that was posted on there like a month or so ago.  Curious.  If they need a staff writer (or photographer) and the price is right, CALL ME! :)

Actually... I have an answer for that.

I have asked that question (and others) of Darin Gantt. Darin says that they have VERY limited staff this time of year. The writers, photographers, personalities, etc., are extremely busy starting with Training Camp. They work pretty much straight through the whole season and then a very short break before the draft (maybe a couple of days), then straight through OTAs and Mini-camp with only the occasional short break. The only real break they get is between Mini-camp and Training Camp. So all vacations are scheduled during that time frame. There's always someone there, but maybe only one writer and a photog..., so everything slows down until TC starts up. There's always something happening except during this break period. So everyone tries to get in some "family time."

The good news is, it will crank back up here in another week or so...
This post was last modified: 07-15-2024, 08:18 PM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,341 posts 756 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-21-2024, 09:36 AM -
(07-15-2024, 08:15 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(07-15-2024, 08:33 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Thanks, but I've been wondering why they keep regurgitating the same articles in different form.  Do they have no staff writers or have they just gotten lazy?  I keep seeing stuff posted "recently" on Panthers.com that was posted on there like a month or so ago.  Curious.  If they need a staff writer (or photographer) and the price is right, CALL ME! :)

Actually... I have an answer for that.

I have asked that question (and others) of Darin Gantt. Darin says that they have VERY limited staff this time of year. The writers, photographers, personalities, etc., are extremely busy starting with Training Camp. They work pretty much straight through the whole season and then a very short break before the draft (maybe a couple of days), then straight through OTAs and Mini-camp with only the occasional short break. The only real break they get is between Mini-camp and Training Camp. So all vacations are scheduled during that time frame. There's always someone there, but maybe only one writer and a photog..., so everything slows down until TC starts up. There's always something happening except during this break period. So everyone tries to get in some "family time."

The good news is, it will crank back up here in another week or so...

Dear Mr. Tepper/or to whom it may concern:

I have been a photographer since 1984 and have tons of pro equipment.

I have been a writer since the 8th grade in school, and studied at the United States Military Academy at West Point.

For a mere, $399,000 per year, I'm your Huckleberry.  

Tongue
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

07-21-2024, 12:46 PM -
(07-21-2024, 09:36 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Dear Mr. Tepper/or to whom it may concern:

I have been a photographer since 1984 and have tons of pro equipment.

I have been a writer since the 8th grade in school, and studied at the United States Military Academy at West Point.

For a mere, $399,000 per year, I'm your Huckleberry.  

Tongue

Hmmm....

I dunno -- Lemme think here...  399K??  

If I remember right, you already promised us to be OUR Huckleberry --- FOR FREE.!!

https://panthersfanz.com/board/showthread.php?tid=670&pid=3276#pid3276 (Post #10)
This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 12:50 PM by Hobbit99.