Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
08-09-2024, 11:26 AM -
https://thepewterplank.com/posts/buccane...eason-game

This is from "The Pewter Plank".  Panthers do not play the Bucs until Dec 1.  I think the players might just have Dave's back on this one.  You can read the whole disgusting article.  Here are a couple of highlights:

-The Dave Canales era is off to a hilariously bad start for the Panthers.
Buccaneers fans can’t help but laugh at how terrible Dave Canales’ debut for the Panthers was on Thursday night.

-Former offensive coordinator Dave Canales made his debut as the Carolina Panthers head coach and it went as hilariously bad as Bucs fans probably expected. The Panthers lost 17-3 to the New England Patriots in a game that featured all the frustrating hallmarks that everyone in Tampa Bay grew all too familiar with last season.

-It’s hard to not get some sick satisfaction out of seeing that not much has changed since he left Tampa Bay. A big game was talked up about how Canales was going to be some sort of mastermind who fixes Bryce Young — which may still end up being true — but the bumpy start is pure comedy gold for Bucs fans.

I find it interesting that the Bucs fans would be so invested in trolling a 1 year OC.  See you in Dec Bucs.Thanks for the extra motivator.
OceanPanther

151 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
08-09-2024, 12:14 PM -
I hear you Lady Panther.. agree..

Here's the "but" .. I can remember a player or coach going somewhere else and wanting him to fail.

Not to mention there was nothing in the game last evening that made me wild with enthusiasm. We can't keep praising our punter and long snapper as the key to our future.
Roll out the QB more . I am not a coach or know football like all of you , but at some point you have to try to give the QB a chance, more than dropping back behind the 3rd and 4th string O line ..
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
08-09-2024, 01:17 PM -
(08-09-2024, 12:14 PM)OceanPanther Wrote: I hear you Lady Panther.. agree..

Here's the "but"  ..  I can remember a player or coach going somewhere else and wanting him to fail. 

Not to mention there was nothing in the game last evening that made me wild with enthusiasm.  We can't keep praising our punter and long snapper as the key to our future. 
Roll out the QB more .  I am not a coach or know football like all of you , but at some point you have to try to give the QB a chance,  more than dropping back behind the 3rd and 4th string  O line ..

Canales has not thrown any shade at Tampa or any player there.  Just seems like a bit too much coming from them. IMO.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-09-2024, 08:50 PM -
(08-09-2024, 01:17 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(08-09-2024, 12:14 PM)OceanPanther Wrote: I hear you Lady Panther.. agree..

Here's the "but"  ..  I can remember a player or coach going somewhere else and wanting him to fail. 

Not to mention there was nothing in the game last evening that made me wild with enthusiasm.  We can't keep praising our punter and long snapper as the key to our future. 
Roll out the QB more .  I am not a coach or know football like all of you , but at some point you have to try to give the QB a chance,  more than dropping back behind the 3rd and 4th string  O line ..

Canales has not thrown any shade at Tampa or any player there.  Just seems like a bit too much coming from them. IMO.

LOL... AGREED

That situation is more than a little strange.  I hear our fans occasionally bad-mouthing other teams, players, and coaches. What you DON'T see (typically)  are team affiliated publications making remarks that have no official standing. Usually, publications stay sort of "hands-off" when players, coaches, etc. move on to a different team.  This kind of a "smear" job reflects more on the Bucs than it does on Canales or the Panthers.

Hard to make sense of it..?  They should have kept their mouth shut... Especially since Canales is in their Division and they have to play him twice every year. 

Things that make you go... "Hmmm??"
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-10-2024, 09:10 AM -
I hear you and I get it… I hope it becomes bulletin board material. But right now it just happens to be truth . Hope it changes.