Panthers Practice Facility in Charlotte
Started by OceanPanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
OceanPanther

151 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
08-21-2024, 08:56 AM -
Is the downtown Charlotte practice facility , our permanent practice facility ?    No more  Rock Hill SC ,, ?  correct  ?

I ask because , from the pictures I've seen , it's seems to be pretty wide open and could be viewed from any number of possible buildings near by.  It seems this preseason has been a lot more locked down for fans, with a lot fewer videos from fans.   And since we all believe opponents will stop and nothing to get an edge ( spy on other teams practices ) it seems out practice fields are pretty open ..  I've seen air photos...

Why is  Jake Luton on IR list.. ??   And he can't play all season ??  this is so weird to me.  Yes , I realize I am talking about a 3rd string QB
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-21-2024, 03:23 PM -
(08-21-2024, 08:56 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Is the downtown Charlotte practice facility , our permanent practice facility ?    No more  Rock Hill SC ,, ?  correct  ?

I ask because , from the pictures I've seen , it's seems to be pretty wide open and could be viewed from any number of possible buildings near by.  It seems this preseason has been a lot more locked down for fans, with a lot fewer videos from fans.   And since we all believe opponents will stop and nothing to get an edge ( spy on other teams practices ) it seems out practice fields are pretty open ..  I've seen air photos...

Why is  Jake Luton on IR list.. ??   And he can't play all season ??  this is so weird to me.  Yes , I realize I am talking about a 3rd string QB

Hmm... Really, I think the question about the practice facility has not been addressed yet. Not sure, but I would think that it MIGHT change (to some extent) as the facility upgrades get started. I know there are plans for a field house and additional training facilities of some sort. Not sure where..??

As far as Luton is concerned... ¿Quien sabe?  I THINK the decision was made to go with Plummer for now as the 3rd QB. That could all change too as we get closer to the 53 roster.
Bag Bag
This post was last modified: 08-21-2024, 03:23 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-22-2024, 04:21 PM -
I thought the disaster real estate thing was supposed to include a practice facility, but that was a no-go. I believe the one in Charlotte is a (for the time being) a permanent practice facility. Let me check with Dave and I'll get back with you lol Tongue
PantherFan007
Administrator

08-22-2024, 04:22 PM -
(08-21-2024, 08:56 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Why is  Jake Luton on IR list.. ??   And he can't play all season ??  this is so weird to me.  Yes , I realize I am talking about a 3rd string QB

It's a neat way (a-la Jake Delhomme) to hide someone you don't want getting snatched away by another team, but you don't want to keep them on the active roster.  So, you "create" an Injury

Whistling
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-23-2024, 03:20 AM -
(08-22-2024, 04:22 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 08:56 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Why is  Jake Luton on IR list.. ??   And he can't play all season ??  this is so weird to me.  Yes , I realize I am talking about a 3rd string QB

It's a neat way (a-la Jake Delhomme) to hide someone you don't want getting snatched away by another team, but you don't want to keep them on the active roster.  So, you "create" an Injury

Except…..Luton is a vet. And IR is a death sentence for him (and us) for the whole season unless he is “designated to return”…. which has to be done at “roster cut-down”. ( If I understand correctly.) — Rules are somewhat different during pre-season…..
PantherFan007
Administrator

08-23-2024, 06:22 AM -
(08-23-2024, 03:20 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: [quote pid="8521" dateline="1724361737"]
Except…..Luton is a vet. And IR is a death sentence for him (and us) for the whole season unless he is “designated to return”…. which has to be done at “roster cut-down”. ( If I understand correctly.) — Rules are somewhat different during pre-season…..

[/quote]

What?  We have rules now? lol  (I can't keep up with the rules anymore)
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-23-2024, 08:26 AM -
Since I was less than sure up there ^^^ about IR during the pre-season, I thought I would do a journalism -- I looked up the rules and found this as published by the Associated Press.  Surprisingly, this explains it pretty nicely.

APNEWS.COM: https://apnews.com/article/nfl-injured-r...r%20limit.

Quote:Injured reserve:

Players are put on the reserve/injured list — more commonly referred to as IR — when they have a football-related injury and need to miss at least a few weeks. Players on IR don’t count against the active roster, but their salaries count against the cap.

If a player is placed on this list before the regular season begins, he could miss the entire season unless — per a rules adjustment this year — they are designated to return during the roster cutdown to 53 players after training camp. Teams can designate up to two such players to return.

Players on IR need to miss a minimum of four games. NFL teams can designate up to eight players to return from IR during the regular season (and up to 10 if they make the postseason) and an individual player can be so designated twice.  Players designated for return from IR before the season count against a team’s eight- or 10-player limit.

When a player is cleared to practice, a 21-day window begins and the player must be activated to the 53-man roster or be placed on season-ending injured reserve at the conclusion of that three-week period. They could also be released or traded.

What’s the difference between being waived and being released?

Players with less than four seasons of accrued NFL time are waived, meaning they are subject to waivers and can be claimed by other teams. If they go unclaimed after the 24-hour waiver period, they become a free agent.

Players with four or more seasons accrued are considered vested veterans and are not subject to waivers, so they immediately become free agents when they are released. This is the case until the NFL trade deadline in October, when all players regardless of their veteran status are subject to waivers.

Players can also be waived/injured, which means they can be claimed by another team or revert to their original team’s IR list after the claiming period. The team can then decide whether it wants to move forward with the player or release him with an injury settlement.

Clear as .....mud.??  (Actually, it's pretty concise..).
This post was last modified: 08-23-2024, 08:32 AM by Hobbit99.